J33LUS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE>>>> (A non Cat D UK TT Manual, if you can find one, would cost in excess of £15,000!!!)

Wow, i wonder what my uk manual with a fully built engine and single turbo is worth :D

Your asking far too much for that matey IMO. i paid less that that for mine nearly 4 years ago, and mine had no a snip of damage.

QUOTE>>>> (A non Cat D UK TT Manual, if you can find one, would cost in excess of £15,000!!!)

Wow, i wonder what my uk manual with a fully built engine and single turbo is worth :D

Your asking far too much for that matey IMO. i paid less that that for mine nearly 4 years ago, and mine had no a snip of damage.

4k:p

Now, you might think I am posting just to piss on your chips but that is not the case. I just don't want some poor sucker buying something that isn't quite as it seems.

I am still struggling with the whole scenario. Initially you posted 1st Oct 2006 asking what this car was worth. See http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=84343here

You then posted this on the same day but never came back.

Will do this tomorrow. I already know the garage where it was repaired and is off a very high standard.

I will find out about old mots.

Thanks guys, keep you updated ;)

So, just to confirm, you said that on 1st Oct 2006 the car had been repaired.

Now we come up to date with this thread.

When questioned whether this was the same car you said:

yeah it was my mates car, I bought it off him a while back.

I then asked:

How come the year has changed from a 1995 to a 1996? Also, just 1000 miles in around 18 months? :blink:

and also this:

Also, the damage seems to have moved about since the last thread. It has gone from this in 2006:

It had rear damage and I was told the driver side door and rear quater had been replaced. I have seen pictures of this.

to this today.

...Damage was to the passenger side front which has all been repaired.

:blink:

You came back and replied:

sorry guys, the car is on a N reg so 1996. (sorry about the confusion!)

The guy i bought it off didnt have insurance on the car as he went from a 1.0 polo to the TT Supra. Therefore it was kept on his driveway for the past year and a half!!!

He then sold it to me, as he is having money troubles and knows I could afford to run it. But I really have my heart set on something else.

I am a well know member of the online community, especially on the MLR (Mitsubishi Lancer Register), where I have bought and sold many parts and cars.

I only posted to see if my asking price of £9.5k is correct as you guys are the experts and your opinions are appreciated.

Didnt mean to open up a can or worms!

And then I said:

So how come the change in damage description? And this car has sat on your "mates" drive for 18 months waiting for you to come along and buy it? :blink:

I'm sorry, but none of this rings true to me but I wait to be convinced.

So, I am still waiting to be convinced.

1. If the car was repaired back in 2006, why was it sat on his drive for 18 months?

2. If you bought it ages ago (your words) then why was it astill sat on his drive?

3. If you bought it ages ago, how come it only did 1000 miles in 18 months?

4. How come the damage description changed so dramatically from your first post?

Now, if the Mods feel these are unfair questions then I will be happy for them to delete them but i really do think you owe some sort of explanation eh?

1. If the car was repaired back in 2006, why was it sat on his drive for 18 months?

2. If you bought it ages ago (your words) then why was it astill sat on his drive?

4. How come the damage description changed so dramatically from your first post?

Now, if the Mods feel these are unfair questions then I will be happy for them to delete them but i really do think you owe some sort of explanation eh?

My mate bought the car and drove it while it had road tax. when the road tax run out, it just sat on his drive and he had been meaning to sell it for some time but didnt need the money and was busy working.

I already had a s2000 and a mitsubishi evo so couldnt park it at home, plus he wasnt sure what he wanted for it, or even if he wanted to sell it for that matter, so i made him an offer after i sold my evo, but he declined. Then a few months later he agreed and the deal was done.

He didnt have insurance (i know), and only drove it on special occassions. plus I wasnt insured on it and it never had any tax.

My apologies, i wrote this as a quickly as i could to get an idea on the price. i didnt even know i had the old pics of the damage until recently when someone wanted to buy the car, I wasnt trying to decieve no one.

Look i am sorry if my ad was misleading, I didnt mean to do that, but are right for asking these questions. I aint here to trick nobody.

Besides, the supra is kinda growing on me! :eyebrows:

The price i have up, is the price I think it is worth! It is a lot of car for the money and totally standard.

Thanks for your feedback guys.