Ideas on Price for UK TT Manual CAT D

J33LUS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15k? Have you looked in the for sale section lately? Whatever it is you are drinking, I will have a pint too :D

Yeah man i know where you are coming from, for some reason supra prices are falling. But as far as i can see there are no uk spec tt manuals with 60k in there and i reckon if there was i think it would be in the region of 15K. At the end of the day uk manuals with low mileages are getting very very rare and i think to a true enthuiast the car would get snapped up at that price

I'd want to see full records of the mileage claim, especially given that the damage seems to be spreading the more you read about it.

£4 or 5k at a push.

If it was original and perfect from new then maybe a collector would pay £10k+, but that'd have to be the right person.

i`ve paid 4 mine 9 k,with 110 k miles, fsh and it is a cat D so i reckon 8,5 -9k good price

lol, 8-9k would be a fair price with no cat d,

6-7k for that, people are basically paying for an import as it has no history and it's a cat d too, I'm sure no one on here would pay 6k+ for a cat d import, all imo course :)

No matter how cheap im afraid id still be walking away, nothing adds up :(

£5k I would be interested, To someone considering going 6sp then this would be a worthwhile investment as long as parts needed are ah ok condition.

Auto to manual and back to auto again, and you still have a complete car to see on. :) Or is that too simple and I have missed something?

cat D written off vehicles only need an to pass an MOT after repair.

They are the lowest grade of write off.

Its not in this case but they can be 'just' stolen recovered vehicles where the insurance company has been settled.

nearly all of us on here would have our cars cat D'd if we sustained a gouge down one side, ie denting and scratching say front bumper/wing, door and rear quarter, but would the car be "a wrong'un" if you then brought the salvage and had it repaired yourself?

if the damage sustained by the car mentioned occurred in the first year or so of its life, it would have simply been repaired by the insurance company, when the same level of damage 5-6 years later results in a Cat D......

IMO there are many cars, including supras, that have had far more significant/extensive repairs carried out on them that do not have any official record of them.

I would suggest putting it up for 10k. See what happens. At the end of the day alot of rich kids cant insure imports but can uk's so in theory may pay a premium. An enthusiast is unlikely to buy a cat d. i wouldnt (forget the repairs as i could check them) its all about insurance, resale and that fact that i wouldnt "feel" right about the car.

I would suggest putting it up for 10k. See what happens. At the end of the day alot of rich kids cant insure imports but can uk's so in theory may pay a premium. An enthusiast is unlikely to buy a cat d. i wouldnt (forget the repairs as i could check them) its all about insurance, resale and that fact that i wouldnt "feel" right about the car.

ahh you have a uk spec don,t you rich kid:p

I wouldnt want to put a price on it but all this talk of CAT D cars being dangerous, worth very little and "paying more on insurance" is bull. A CAT D written off vehicle means repairs costs less than the value of the car but they wrote it off due to potential further costs or choice of the insurer...sometimes delay/cost in obtaining parts, hire car charges etc. However a CAT D car is normally written off because it costs more than 60% of the value of the car but less than 100% if the value of the car. At the end of the day an insurance engineer would have inspected it so they know their sh*t. If it wasnt safe to be repaired (ie chassis damage) then it would be a CAT B total loss only...meaning breaker only.

Put it this way: if you owned an NA auto supra then its only worth a few grand. Crack the front bumper, headlight and ding the wing and its probably a total loss CAT D. Doesnt make it dangerous does it?

Oh and insurance companies dont increase your premium because a car is a previous write off, at the end of the day its road legal. The only thing you need to think about is if its written off and your policy is a 'market value' policy (nearly all insurance policies but agreed value) then you will only get near trade value. But then again you would have paid less when you bought it! Its all relative, you dont expect to buy a house in Brixton and sell if for Mayfair prices do you!?

Just my 2p ;)

lol, 8-9k would be a fair price with no cat d,

6-7k for that, people are basically paying for an import as it has no history and it's a cat d too, I'm sure no one on here would pay 6k+ for a cat d import, all imo course :)

Like you say its your opinion, I wouldnt say the lad has paid to much hes probably got a mint rare uk spec thats had a little ding sometime in its life.

A little ding? On the front wing, door and rear wing?

That's some 'ding'.

Some people read what they want to read and ignore facts. Non of this thread (and the previous thread) add up. But hey, why let facts spoil peoples opinions of their own cars worth eh? ;)

How come the year has changed from a 1995 to a 1996? Also, just 1000 miles in around 18 months? :blink:

sorry guys, the car is on a N reg so 1996. (sorry about the confusion!)

The guy i bought it off didnt have insurance on the car as he went from a 1.0 polo to the TT Supra. Therefore it was kept on his driveway for the past year and a half!!!

He then sold it to me, as he is having money troubles and knows I could afford to run it. But I really have my heart set on something else.

I am a well know member of the online community, especially on the MLR (Mitsubishi Lancer Register), where I have bought and sold many parts and cars.

I only posted to see if my asking price of £9.5k is correct as you guys are the experts and your opinions are appreciated.

Didnt mean to open up a can or worms!