The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One less UK car...

The Restorer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real shame to see that, but it is just a car, and you are here to tell us that is the important thing. Re-shell if you like the car with an old na shell :)

Sorry to hear about this, looked like a lovely supe.. if you ever thing about reshelling i have a lovely straight shell at work..

Sorry to hear this :(

Did you see if they were UK plates?

I have seen two accidents like this on the M25 in as many days. Apparently there is a big problem with overseas trucks running into the sides of motorists, it has even been talked about on TV as its getting so bad.

Sorry to see this :( I almost got swiped of the road by truck in Belgium, when I was driving Hilux to Poland, b*stard flashed me like zilion times instead of overtaking so I slowed down and he finally took me over and if I wouldn't run on hard shoulder he certainly would smash side of my car. Some of those guys should be given psychological test every year and get their licence revised. I know this, as I'm also driving big vehicles (buses) and some of those guys are proper nuts...

Nasty, sorry to hear this. I love those tunnels up at Colwyn Bay and often spend a sunday morning having a little balst through them (if they are empty of course).

As said its a common problem now with foreign trucks as they can have a blind spot if mirrors are not added / adjusted for RHD.

Root cause - UK fuel prices making it cheaper for 40T Euro lorries to do haulage here than our own hauliers :protest:

Nasty, sorry to hear this. I love those tunnels up at Colwyn Bay and often spend a sunday morning having a little balst through them (if they are empty of course).

As said its a common problem now with foreign trucks as they can have a blind spot if mirrors are not added / adjusted for RHD.

Root cause - UK fuel prices making it cheaper for 40T Euro lorries to do haulage here than our own hauliers :protest:

I thought it was heavy road tax....

Sorry Mo, atleast you're ok.

Guest GirlRacer!

OMG you poor thing! So sad to see the pics of your car. Were you hurt? Just take it easy today - that must've been a massive shock :(

Hopefully that van behind you has reported as a witness and the insurance can just get it all sorted for you.

Phew that looks like it could have been so much nastier to your health had he swiped you even more. Did you have a passenger? Nah thinking you couldn't have or they would have got the name off one of the trucks. I can't believe that the cameras at any stage of that road aren't clear enough to pick up even one of the three trucks company names. They will have been rolling as a three group for miles as most trucks don't go much more than 1 or 2 mph difference. Chances are actually very high that he just didn't feel it. Mate of mine had some chavs in a renault 5 turbo bury themselves under his trailer once trying to undertake him at traffic lights when he was turning left from the middle lane. Only reason he knew they were there was he saw the sparks as the car was dragged along the road, he said he didn't feel it at all.

As for some of the foreign truck drivers I had a french one on the way to euro disney run me onto the hard shoulder because he couldn't get past me totally with my caravan up a hill he lost steam and decided to pull across anyways.

That sucks. I see the airbags did their jobs, though.

In my MX5 I was hit by a truck some years back - I could see it coming, and drove onto the centre of a roundabout to try to avoid it, but the car still got picked up onto its side, and two wheels rolled down the side of the truck. Several things I remember came out of this;

- It took the insurance company over a year to find the truck, despite having the registration, company address, drivers name and home address, and telephone number.

- The driver didn't speak English. I had to get all these details using half forgotten German, which made things a little difficult, especially given the shock.

- There wasn't a mark on the truck

- Despite my being stationary and not on the road, it was disputed as being my fault

- There's a section in the highway code which states you must 'allow for large vehicles' which appears to overrule all other laws, such as not indicating, undertaking, etc.

Perhaps it just was my insurer not being very good at their job, the language barrier, or problems at the MIB that caused my troubles, but I sincerely hope you have better luck sorting this than I did with my accident.