Just crashed

razza

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like I may have to pay the doc a visit as my back/shoulder is hurting quite a bit, must've jarred it somehow as I hit the curb....:(

The doc won't do much for that. At best you might get some Paracetamol/Codeine combo tablet that you can get over the counter anyway.

You're not thinking of claiming whiplash off your own insurance are you?

no, I'm not into claiming for something that's not genuine, just wanted an opinion from the quack as I need to know whether to lay off the training.

I'm a stubborn b*stard sometimes so need someone else to tell me to lay off it....

Just had a phone chat with the doc, take some tablets and see how it goes....

Out with the port then, well can't drive to the meet tonight anyway:(

Thanks guys, I'm not going to get rid, too much heartache gone into it to sell on (as much as she'd like me to:tongue:) just another one of those little downers sent to test us again...:taped:

Body's starting to settle, ache is coming on, more drink needed later me thinks then hit the jacuzzi tomorrow

Cheers for the posts:thumbs: maybe some shiney new wheels will make me feel better:innocent:

Guest supra_ian666

hiya mate im very sorry to hear that after wat sounds like enuff bad luck you end up with more i gota say mate ive had it so many times its life , full of shit at times mate, chin up dont sell your car though bud its just the weather its crap ive only my sup for a few days but i can tell how icy it is , ive had about 15 rwd cars previous so im well prepared for anything but you just gota be carefull hope all gets better mate .

ian.

I constantly read about the adverse weather conditions making supra driving a hazard and the resultant threads of woe like this one when it does go all wrong. Why oh why do people that use their cars as daily runners not put winter wheels with narrower winter tyres on? Its compulsory in the rest of winter ridden europe..... You'd see alot less supra ouches if daily users stuck 205's all round on the car.

Just clocked this thread now and can not believe what i am reading. After all the hassle u been through and finally back on the road this really sucks.

At least your alright and cars can be fixed but it is bad news, really feel for you mate.

I went through a similiar sito with one of my previous cars where i ended up buying 6 different engines as almost everyone i got from breakers was knackered, and when i finally got a good engine and had spent way more then the car was worth 2 days later a volvo drives straight into the back of me and rit me off. I spent 2k replacing engines and got paid 1k from insurance for the car!

The stuff they're putting down is rubbish. Its called safecote, when it gets damp it's like diesel - so the smartest thing they could think of... hmmm lets put some more down = brown pants x 4! :blink:

You're not wrong there, when I'm driving the CLK (55 reg), with all of it's TC and ESP and all the fluffy b0lloc|

And I've noticed the big piles of 'grit' too, the roundabout at J11 of the M5 is a terrible example...

Anyway, Razza, I hope you get yours sorted soon, I'm still trying to get mine rebuilt, it's a bit worse off than yours, and I jumped the whole car up a 6" kerb buckling 2 Volks in the process, I'll attach a pic (Well 3) of mine to try and cheer you up...

Turns out mine was smashed in Japan before I had it, so I'm repairing that damage too, but after that's done, I don't know what's been done to the suspension and so on, but although mine's an NA with a couple of oil leaks, I'm still getting her sorted, although it's now taken over 6 months (Mainly down to me working all of the hours under the damn sun) - Just keep the faith, I am... No matter how bad it sounds, driving the Sup again and 'your' sup, will make up for it :) - I could have sold mine and bought a TT, many on here will say I'm silly for not doing so, but I'm staying true to the car I fell in love with!..

21.jpg

22.jpg

10.jpg

Razz, what have you been doing, totally feel for you dude, especially after seeing your car down at ToyotaGT so much lately, but I have noticed to how greasy the roads seem to get at the moment and I swore it was that grit as the roads seem to get all slippery a day or so after it goes down. I have had my back end stepping out on manouvers that normally wouldnt stress the car at all.....

I have a set of CR's that Im ready to sell, maybe you should buy the set that way you will have enough wheels to see you through the last couple of months, lol, sorry, that was in bad taste, but just in case you get stuck keep me in mind.....

And dont sell her mate, you will regret it, its just shit bad timing this has happened just after getting her back with all your other troubles. And for the misses, she has to start understanding your a Supra enthusiast now and you need to chuck some money at your hobby, it keeps you entertained, Im still trying to explain it to my parents, everytime I see them they just sigh and ask why Im still ploughing money into my car, they just dont seem to get it......