The mkiv Supra Owners Club

next meet?

buster

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)Just a quick heads up on the Lands End idea. Buster do you relise its 130 miles if we go the direct route down the A30. If we zigzag our way down to stay of the A30 we will be looking between 4 and 5 hours traveling with a couple of short stops as we pick people up. The A30 is a crap piece of tarmac, but it's a long trip to be zigzaging

:(Sorry no downer meant:(

Maybe I should :taped:

:)Just a quick heads up on the Lands End idea. Buster do you relise its 130 miles if we go the direct route down the A30. If we zigzag our way down to stay of the A30 we will be looking between 4 and 5 hours traveling with a couple of short stops as we pick people up. The A30 is a crap piece of tarmac, but it's a long trip to be zigzaging

:(Sorry no downer meant:(

Maybe I should :taped:

We did a good 200 miles (maybe more) on our last meet. We left home at 9.30am and got back 6.30pm (9hours).

Cooomooonnn you know you will enjoy it :p

We did a good 200 miles (maybe more) on our last meet. We left home at 9.30am and got back 6.30pm (9hours).

Cooomooonnn you know you will enjoy it :p

Thats what I was trying to say, this trip is going to be Alot longer than the last. It's going to be more like 400 miles on caravan covered roads, I deliver in the depths of Cornwall ( if I have P***ED OFF the boss ) and its further down to Lands End than most people relise. I can drive to Heathrow in the lorry quicker than I can Penzance and Lands End is another 20 mins ( if the road is clear ).

:dI am not saying I wont attend, just wanted to point out the distance involved, as alot of people have said they haven't been to Lands End before:d

right sorry i couldnt get near my pc yesterday:rolleyes: hear the route start at exeter survices down the a30 to okehamton then to tavistock to liskard a38 to bobmin down a30 turn left to truo keep on a39 to penryn a394 past helston to penzance then right on down to lands end for some well desurved food:yum::ok: and photo shoot lol how that sound is it to long:thumbs: help wanted!:sos:

Thats what I was trying to say, this trip is going to be Alot longer than the last. It's going to be more like 400 miles on caravan covered roads, I deliver in the depths of Cornwall ( if I have P***ED OFF the boss ) and its further down to Lands End than most people relise. I can drive to Heathrow in the lorry quicker than I can Penzance and Lands End is another 20 mins ( if the road is clear ).

:dI am not saying I wont attend, just wanted to point out the distance involved, as alot of people have said they haven't been to Lands End before:d

:blink:Sorry, I've just read it back and it sounds a bit harsh, it wasn't meant to be in anyway:)

I have just route planned the route you have but up Buster, it's about 150 miles (from Exeter Services to Lands End) and Multi map is giving an estimated time of 4hr 30mins:taped:

right sorry i couldnt get near my pc yesterday:rolleyes: hear the route start at exeter survices down the a30 to okehamton then to tavistock to liskard a38 to bobmin down a30 turn left to truo keep on a39 to penryn a394 past helston to penzance then right on down to lands end for some well desurved food:yum::ok: and photo shoot lol how that sound is it to long:thumbs: help wanted!:sos:

sounds ok to me. just sort out some short stops on main route,to allow people off the beaten track to join up. it may seem along trip for some,but it would'nt be any difference for those who live in penzance/falmouth/truro going on the last meet, besides traffic will be less manic the weekends compared to the hectic working week day.

sounds ok to me. just sort out some short stops on main route,to allow people off the beaten track to join up. it may seem along trip for some,but it would'nt be any difference for those who live in penzance/falmouth/truro going on the last meet, besides traffic will be less manic the weekends compared to the hectic working week day.

Thats my view too tbh. Last time we also spent about 5-6 hours driving out of the 9 hours we were on the road.

Buster, let's have a show of interest and go from there what you think??

1) Anja and Paul (yes)

I may be biased as i live in st austell and its been a while since i have been down to landsend but it is a very nice part of cornwall.

I also agree with the people from further up as its quite a trek from exeter etc.Unfortunately this will always be a problem in the south west as its long and thin so everyone is spread out.Maybe we could alternate the venues between devon and cornwall and put the routes to a vote.:)

I may be biased as i live in st austell and its been a while since i have been down to landsend but it is a very nice part of cornwall.

I also agree with the people from further up as its quite a trek from exeter etc.Unfortunately this will always be a problem in the south west as its long and thin so everyone is spread out.Maybe we could alternate the venues between devon and cornwall and put the routes to a vote.:)

Same here as I said before we down this end just like you. We be happy to go into the Devon direction perhaps next time??

I would quite like to see Landsend as I have never ventured that way.