The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EL-GLO AUTO :Group Buy No.2

supra steveo

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm nearly ready to add my order. One last thing I need clarifying though. When fitting the normal el-glo dials I'd expect you would remove the factory bulbs which illuminate the dash as they aren't needed, but if you chose the reverse el-glo dials do you still remove them or do you have to leave them in so the needle is illuminated? I've done a bit of research on other car fourms and some people leave them otherwise they can't see the needles, some remove them and paint the needles with glow in the dark paint so they can still be seen, and others claim the needles can be seen fine with the bulbs removed.

So, my question is, for the Supra which of the above would we need to do?

OK, I'm nearly ready to add my order. One last thing I need clarifying though. When fitting the normal el-glo dials I'd expect you would remove the factory bulbs which illuminate the dash as they aren't needed, but if you chose the reverse el-glo dials do you still remove them or do you have to leave them in so the needle is illuminated? I've done a bit of research on other car fourms and some people leave them otherwise they can't see the needles, some remove them and paint the needles with glow in the dark paint so they can still be seen, and others claim the needles can be seen fine with the bulbs removed.

So, my question is, for the Supra which of the above would we need to do?

i would need to talk to one of the guys fromthe last group buy i recomended soldering LEDs to the contacts aswell to light up the needles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.