Harllequin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest girlracer1970
Didn't you check their reputation before you decided to buy???????

No I didnt, I asked my family who live in yorkshire but they didnt no anythng about them.....And only joined this site after I had bought it, but lesson well learnt

Saw this thread and had to read it, new to the forums but i know these guys well or should i say their reputation, i went there about 2 years ago to check out a UK gtr34 guy said it was perfect yet wouldnt give me the reg over the phone went up to check it out lifted the hood, checked the front arches and immediatly i had alarm bells of nearside damage asked the a-hole about it but said it was all original and as it came out te factory, went back home told him i would call him the next day after i hpi/rac check the car, he said he has checks for all his cars so i humoured him and gave it a look funny enough the check was clear but still when ya dropping 25k plus on a motor id rather check it myself, anyway got home did the rac check it had been an insurance write off not once but practically twice one of the second insurance markers was only 5months before i went to look at it!

To describe this place in less than 5 words its a "Chop shops wet dream" although i will give them one thing on a positive note they can bloody well do a dam good advetisement they make their cars look the equivlant of the playboy bunnies, think they airbrush their stock just as much as well.

Anyways good look girlracer do us all a favour and get them shut down - we can only hope.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest girlracer1970

well rang my solicitors on monday and he away on leave for a wk, so wont no anything til next mon. Doing my head in all this waiting

No I didnt, I asked my family who live in yorkshire but they didnt no anythng about them.....And only joined this site after I had bought it, but lesson well learnt

Your family from Yorkshire didn't know about Keighley? The whole area is dodgy as hell let alone the garage.

To describe this place in less than 5 words its a "Chop shops wet dream"

Very very true.

seem all right to me, its a simple case of knowing what to look for.

I know people who have bought cars from there at cheap prices, just try to avoid any turbo car from it!

Surely going to a reputable dealer would be better advice.

I know people like a gamble every now and then but buying a car from a dodgy dealer is not the way to do it. Stick a quid on the lottery instead!!;)

H.

Guest Reaver_

Nearly every other car forum has more than a few threads saying the exact same thing as this one.

That one good S14 is the only good car i've ever heard about coming out of that place :(

Every other story i've heard is of people getting ripped off in some way or another.

Hopefully, something can be done eventually to stop this sot of thing happening to anyone else.

Guest girlracer1970

Well when i rang sol apparently the guy he spoke to, who just happened to be the guy that sold me the car, said that he had not received the letter that my sol sent..... so now easter hols are here i cant get the hold of sol to find out what has happened....

so now putting out a plee for a solicitor that knows about this kinda car and that has the knowledge to know what he is talking about and can help a bit better than mine sems to be doing..............................

By all accounts this place is dodgy as hell. But my mate did by an S14 from there and its been a dream. Though this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

i also agree that no one should buy a car from this place, i've been there and had a look around and the service and almost all the cars are shocking... but my mate did buy a R32 skyline GTR at a very cheap price (he had no idea about there reputation) and it's also been a dream.. but this, as always is fluke..

someone shold round up all the links about this trader on all the various forums and sites and send them to watchdog or something, they shouldn't be alloud to get away with this :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hey theres a place in birmingham called show gear, just a small lock up not really advertised but has some quality cars...they seemed a bit useless to start with hence registration and paperwork taking 9wks to sort, plus all the car seem very low milege but i persevered and got myself this...

its had only done 44k, had volk RAYS TE37's on, lots of HKS parts and nice kit for under 7k, they had a few nice FTO's, EVO's and SCOOBYS there too.!

sup.JPG

Hey theres a place in birmingham called show gear, just a small lock up not really advertised but has some quality cars...they seemed a bit useless to start with hence registration and paperwork taking 9wks to sort, plus all the car seem very low milege but i persevered and got myself this...

its had only done 44k, had volk RAYS TE37's on, lots of HKS parts and nice kit for under 7k, they had a few nice FTO's, EVO's and SCOOBYS there too.!

I almost bought a nice blue GZ from there recently. was very cheap also which is not always a good thing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest girlracer1970
Any update on your case Girlracer1970?

nothing yet, still waiting on solicitor getting his thumb out of his ass, but have to call him back today, see what he has to say[ANGRY]