keighley trade sports and performance

Harllequin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can bring them in but its illegal to sell them or you face court action from nissan..

either way the uk price is better

maybe it's worth a quick phone call to Nissan head office then:eyebrows: at least give them some grief back that they've given people who've bought off them

Guest blockbuster
I truly don't understand how these cowboys are still in business :(

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the thread title!

Guest poodle

if anyone really does wanna look at one of these cars without actually looking i pass the place twice a day. its not actually in keighley its in cross hills just outside.

The guy that owns that gaff also owns two other forecourts in keighley selling 4x4's and "standard" cars, i wouldnt buy from either of those either, not sure how he makes a living as most of the cars appear to have been driven from japan let alone imported. I was there last week taking a lunchtime nosey around for the crack of it, they were having trouble starting up some skyline or another (at least some old asian dude had a battery pack on it) anyways he got it started and set off. As i was leaving 10 mins later i found he had got no further than about 400 yards and had broken down around the corner :p

I did nearly purchase an FTO from there once however the car in question was not imported by them and had been traded in by some poor fto owners club member and even yesterday i saw pics of it on their forum so thats the one and only good car i know of to come out of that place.

In answer to ur post yeah marty and colin fixed the intercooler for me, so at least the turbo works now, if nothing else...lol

Yes still have the car at min, its in the hands of my no gd solicitor, so still waiting to c whats happening..

I live in north belfast and u?

im over in the wild west lol i just hope you can get it sorted so you can start enjoying owning a supra

id say the man that owns keighley will annoy the wrong person and end up buried in a shallow grave carma is a bad thing:d

• 11 months later...
Guest Fryman

anybody living in the area that could look at this car?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/TOYOTA+SUPRA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966983-4294967144/advert.action?R=200801326138480&distance=14&postcode=BB11+5AG&channel=CARS&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1996&vehicleRegLetter=P

and see if they have touched it in any way? i trust the japs, but not these guys. This car has thepotential to be all good if they havent butchered it with broken or worn part

I remember when I went up to those guys to have a look at a cheap green GZ, everything looked ok even started up fine but I remember the guy being pissed off when I went to ask for the keys which I dont think is a good sign.

lucky for me I mostly went up to really get a good feel for the car and to really check one out before buying... was the cheapest "seemingly" good supra on autotrader then too lol

Anyone else remember the Celsior/LS400 they had a while ago in bright yellow with loads of merc S class bits on it? the time I went I saw it in the flesh and it really was something to behold lol

loads of bad car dealers about but that place is something special! I wonder if anyone has a good story about them?

Guest Fryman

so far not one.

if anybody in the area i would be in forever their debt if they could swing past and have a looksee. and granted your all supra people you can tell what been messed with!

they also have a s600 04 v12 tt im looking at. I wonder what they are doing to get their cars alot cheaper then others.. even private sales

I do not think anyone that would good enough to give you an honest opinion would ever grace the grounds of Keighley, as their cars are usually a load of crap. I am amazed that after reading the thread about them that you are still interested in finding out more about it.

Truly astonishing.

so far not one.

if anybody in the area i would be in forever their debt if they could swing past and have a looksee. and granted your all supra people you can tell what been messed with!

they also have a s600 04 v12 tt im looking at. I wonder what they are doing to get their cars alot cheaper then others.. even private sales

Mate c'mon , its cause their sh*t.

Google the Garage name , You'll find even more horror storys . Were trying to help you here :search:

so far not one.

After all that has been said about the place, which you appear to have acknowledged, why are you even bothering to be 'looking at' anything they have at all?

• 1 month later...

You tube video about them :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocmYFYxE2Mw

Fwiw, I visited http://www.japperformanceuk.co.uk/ a few weeks before I bought the car I now own.

On the phone, I asked about an newly imported Supra TT. Telephone manners were acceptable and gave a reasonable vibe so I said I'd travel from Notts > Bradford that day. The chap/owner was called Shabaz or smethign like that. I asked if I could test drive, what desposit they'd require should I wish to purchase etc.

Got there, the car was tatty with minor scuffs around the mirrors, rear bumper, spats and front corners. The car also had a few things that would inicate serious track use. ALL engine & g/box fluids were dangerously low!

A test drive was refused unless I put down a desposit. (How can I put down a deposit without a test drive and negotiating a deal?)

I honestly believe that Keighly Trade and Jap Performance are closely linked, either brothers or cousins with 2 sites.

Surely they must all be linked as in family members, cousins, friends etc that run these three places.

Its amazing how their cars don't look too bad in the photo's, but when you see them in person you can see the tell tale signs of a 'pile of sh!t'

Surely they must all be linked as in family members, cousins, friends etc that run these three places.

Its amazing how their cars don't look too bad in the photo's, but when you see them in person you can see the tell tale signs of a 'pile of sh!t'

Its Bradford.... what do you expect?

Nearly every garage I know in Keighley has very bad rep. I also have heard horror stories from people how work on the same industrial estates.