The mkiv Supra Owners Club

keighley trade sports and performance

Harllequin

Guest girlracer1970

I did post a thread on one of the forums i had been on,asking did anyone else wanna join forces,but no replies yet, but being all together would be a better idea..

I also emailed watchdog,but so far no reply

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest girlracer1970
How did you get on yesterday Girlracer1970?

never got the car there yesterday, looks like it might be friday now before it gets anywhere...lol

And seeing a solicitor in the morning about keighley

Guest girlracer1970
It was the Solicitor I was wondering about.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

couldn't get the appointment until today,as my usual one had to go on leave on monday....but fingers and toes crossed...

Guest girlracer1970

Well solicitor said as they are a limited company should be easier getting my money back..

They gonna post a little letter out to them when i find out how much the other problems are gonna cost to fix.....

Guest girlracer1970

Well car went to marty and think he found most of the problems and a few new ones i didnt know about,so waiting on a full report that will then be handed to my solicitor

Guest girlracer1970
Whats wrong with it?

Got the car to marty and have major prob with the gears, gear selector and syncro meshes gone and possibly need 1st and 3rd gear replaced at £350 each:eyebrows:

Intercooler also needs fixed and recons thats why second turbo not kicking in, there is quite a large hole in it.

Also rear wheel bearing also ball joint in front, plus rad is too small and out of a n/a

So looks like gonna go to a lot of expense to get it fixed, well thats if i dont give it back keighley, but getting a quote for expenses from marty and giving it to my solicitor,so will see what happens

Guest girlracer1970
:yeahthat:

problem is they have a huge warehouse full of stock, probably the largest stockest of jap cars in the country, so people pop down to view and make silly impulse buys!

Well mine wasn't a silly impulse buy, he was phoned 3 times before i travelled over to buy the car and was told there was nothing wrong with it:taped:

Well mine wasn't a silly impulse buy, he was phoned 3 times before i travelled over to buy the car and was told there was nothing wrong with it:taped:

u shudnt have bought it then bro, i know it cost a flight over but its gonna coat u a bomb to fix, not much change left from 2k by the looks of it

Good luck with getting this sorted, you really cant trust some car sales places and have to do youre own investigation as to just how good a particular car is.

I almost bought an Audi from a main dealer the other day until i saw the car round the back getting tarted up, wasnt in great shape and getting all the bullshit you can think of. advertised as mint low mileage blah blah blah

Also when checking,, check if things have actually been done, cambelt was changed in the service book, but it hadnt actually been done on the car !!!

Be very wary when buying cars and pretend there all Arfa Dailys that are trying to sell them to you.

Sorry to hear, hope you manage to nail them to the wall.

I went twice and walked away. Their mannor was enough to give me the heebies before I even saw a car; and that was 6 years ago...

I would have thought most of their cars go to physchotic chavs, so I'm really suprised the place hasn't "accidently burned down" yet, or the staff met with inexplicable accidents falling onto chav trainers.

Nice place to work I guess.

Guest girlracer1970

Well colin fixed intercooler and now the second turbo works...lol

So this is basically stopping any further damage being done.

BUT>>>>>>to fix the car not including a re-spray which it will need,as it was not keyed when last re-sprayed, it was costing over 2 grand..So letter from solicitor telling him to take it back,so just playing a waiting game now

So guys when we going to have a club get together down there then.

We can invite the press and go look at all their cars in turn.

Supra club visits shady car lot.

Watchdog may even want to come film us :p

I'm up for that. I still can't believe that skyline they were selling about a year ago. It had a r34 front but a r33 back :taped: Might still be up for sale.