The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motorway Flyby

mawby

Mawb's !

Quite nice there mate:)

BUT, can they only be downloaded as .GVP files or is there another way ??

(OR, can one of the normal programmes/players REsave it as normal file ??)

Presume it's a way of sort of Copyrighting the clip ?!?!?

FatS.

Indeed, google videos have lots of options like can videos be downloaded at all, or do we want to charge people to view/download the videos. This is why the google video player is needed to download them.

Although normally I'd say that a too big pita to continue using, the fact that by using google videos we save shit loads of bandwidth, plus they offer real video streaming, and also these videos will appear in google search results which should bring people to the site, I'm prepared to accept the download annoyance as one we can live with.

(Useless fact of the day. Our bandwith averages between 4-6 GB a day. When I uploaded those original 2 videos it shot up to 1 GB an hour! Hence I didn't upload any more! :) )

Steve if you want a copy of this video you can download a .wmv off my website in the Gallery dept. :D

do you still have the original footage of that uncompressed? As we can now use google video the compression doesnt need to be quite so high and the quality may go up a bit.

JB

I'll have a look and see if i can fish out the raw footage. Is there a limit to the size of the file?? Also file type?? Can i do AVI??

The brightness was because Sabrina hadn't noticed the symbol in the top of the screen which indicated the back-light was on. We have learnt from this mistake and check everytime now :D

I'll have a look and see if i can fish out the raw footage. Is there a limit to the size of the file?? Also file type?? Can i do AVI??

The brightness was because Sabrina hadn't noticed the symbol in the top of the screen which indicated the back-light was on. We have learnt from this mistake and check everytime now :D

we now use google video to stream our vids so Mawby may be in a better position to answer, but I would suggest that google video does a conversion on the file to make it play on their player. Not sure about size limits either..

JB

They accept video in AVI, ASF, QuickTime, Windows Media and MPEG formats. Specific video codecs accepted include H.264, H.263, MPEG 1/2/4 and motion JPEG. There is no size limit.

• 6 months later...