Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Cryto Currency

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Sheefa's Avatar
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_jza80 View Post
    The recent fluctuations are just a symptom of what "crypto currencies" actually are - gambling. They aren't currencies, as they can't be used in any practical sense, and they aren't invrstments, as they aren't founded on anything tangible.

I suspect they will go back up (to what level I have no idea), but these are not safe investments, and should be treated like any other form of gambling. IE; only spend what you can comfortably afford to lose.
    Fool. I love listening to people that haven't a clue about it's true uses, the BC tech behind it and thithinkbk of it as a Ponzi scheme

Last edited by Sheefa; 23-12-17 at 14:25.
    Greg

UK Spec Manual - Big Single Turbo 800bhp

Carefully maintained by Lee P and the Team @ SRD
    http://www.supraracingdevelopments.co.uk

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnk View Post
    Definitely just like gambling, mine paid off yesterday so happy days but definitely only play with
    what you feel like you can lose

I've found the virtual trading system on etoro to be very helpful, also this guys videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKzXlXVPw8
    One if the worst most corrupt platforms going. Be very careful. I strongly advise you look at Bittrex or Kraken instead Dunk.

Greg

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Dnk's Avatar
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    I signed up to Bittrex but until further notice they aren't taking on new accounts
    Dunk

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    I signed up to Bittrex but until further notice they aren't taking on new accounts
    Kraken is safer. You can deposit FIAT pretty promptly and purchase most currency pairs.

Greg

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback
    This thread has been a wealth of knowledge thus far.
    Really appreciate everybody’s input.

I'm part of the furniture Club Member j_jza80's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheefa View Post
    Fool. I love listening to people that haven't a clue about it's true uses, the BC tech behind it and thithinkbk of it as a Ponzi scheme

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3cef5bc2dd.jpg
    I wonder how many people lost hige sums of money this week, and all they have to show for it is a similar screen grab? You've been lucky thats all. Many won't be as lucky, and due to overhype in the media, and threads like this, there will be a lot of people who have destroyed large amounts of their savings.

It is not a tangible asset, it is not something that is valued by true market forces, its recent 'success' is merely due to speculation, as is its more recent collapse.

Warning people to be careful with such a volatile "investment" isn't foolish.

Merry Christmas

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_jza80 View Post
    I wonder how many people lost hige sums of money this week, and all they have to show for it is a similar screen grab? You've been lucky thats all. Many won't be as lucky, and due to overhype in the media, and threads like this, there will be a lot of people who have destroyed large amounts of their savings.

It is not a tangible asset, it is not something that is valued by true market forces, its recent 'success' is merely due to speculation, as is its more recent collapse.

Warning people to be careful with such a volatile "investment" isn't foolish.

Merry Christmas
    Thanks Jason but I'll be guided by a multimillionaire ex FX trader alongside many others in the know rather than a supra owner who knows very little about the Crypto world.

There is an element of luck in some coins, but most have amazing white papers and tech that sit behind them and make perfect sense for future implementation.

Like anything in life you should only use RISK CAPITAL that you are fully prepared to lose. However, this is not gambling. The market has grown extensively and will continue to do so. There was a massive 30% dip on Friday but the market has bounced market and will continue to grow by 20-40% In the very short term as predicted and realised by those who understand market/FX cycles - you don't.

American Express will be using the Ripple platform for payments soon and companies like Ice Tea are rebranding their businesses with Blockchain in the title. This isn't going away and you're naive to think this is just a big gambling bubble.

Best of luck with your own little 2-3% gain ISA though

Greg

I'm part of the furniture Club Member j_jza80's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Sheefa;4251741]Thanks Jason but I'll be guided by a multimillionaire ex FX trader alongside many others in the know rather than a supra owner who knows very little about the Crypto world.

There is an element of luck in some coins, but most have amazing white papers and tech that sit behind them and make perfect sense for future implementation.

Like anything in life you should only use RISK CAPITAL that you are fully prepared to lose. However, this is not gambling. The market has grown extensively and will continue to do so. There was a massive 30% dip on Friday but the market has bounced market and will continue to grow by 20-40% In the very short term as predicted and realised by those who understand market/FX cycles - you don't.

American Express will be using the Ripple platform for payments soon and companies like Ice Tea are rebranding their businesses with Blockchain in the title. This isn't going away and you're naive to think this is just a big gambling bubble.

Best of luck with your own little 2-3% gain ISA though

/QUOTE]

But the recent large gains are nothing to do with tech or white papers, purely speculation, which is why it dramatically spiked, then collapsed as it did.

In addition to the inherent risks, crypto currencies are also morally dubious. No doubt it is being used to fund terrorism, as it has also been shown to be used by the blackmarket arms and drug industries, destroying peoples lives in the process.

My investments were predominantly in syndicated property loans, which have a return of between 10% and 15%, generally within 6 months (but sometimes over a year) and absoloute worst case scenario (someone goes bust) you end up with an asset worth roughly what youve invested, or more. Never had an ISA, but I can see the use of them rather than having money sat in a bank accoubt earning effectively nothing.

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Etoro has serious issues which is a shame as its very well laid out and easy to use.

I shall be pulling my money out i think in the very near future
    Dunk

Posting is my life! Club Member Jellybean's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheefa View Post
    Thanks Jason but I'll be guided by a multimillionaire ex FX trader alongside many others in the know rather than a supra owner who knows very little about the Crypto world.
    That is a very arrogant attitude, why not share your multimillionaire ex FX trader's analysis, may help some members out ? You can never have too much information

Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Etoro has serious issues which is a shame as its very well laid out and easy to use.

I shall be pulling my money out i think in the very near future
    Seems all good now Simon , it was around people using close All orders tick box (they never got closed just pending) ; if you just click the X in your portfolio it closes; they sent out a message to all traders

I like Etoro as you said the UI is intuitive plus they have a UK based branch , just to note the spreads are higher the weekends

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    That is a very arrogant attitude, why not share your multimillionaire ex FX trader's analysis, may help some members out ? You can never have too much information
    I already have thanks via PM for 3 members on here. Also it's a paid for course and closed crypto trading group so forgive me when I say, why the hell should I? Do your own research.

Greg

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Not sure its all sorted on etoro, many complaints on the chat feed
    Dunk

Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Not sure its all sorted on etoro, many complaints on the chat feed
    I saw that but those guys never read the work around notification
    eToro sent , working fine for me

Thanks for the YouTube link! Maybe copying is the way to go

Feedback
    6 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Sheefa;4251761]I already have thanks via PM for 3 members on here. Also it's a paid for course and closed crypto trading group so forgive me when I say, why the hell should I? Do your own research.

/QUOTE]

I my research and help out where I can

But WOW on the attitude, a lot of growing up to do young man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk