PDA

View Full Version : What QUALITY tubular NA-T manifolds are out there?

Josh42
20-02-16, 09:35
Im currently debating whether to change my setup to achieve a "typical 2J scream" and wondered what QUALITY exhaust manifolds people have used/know to.

I'm running Paul's log manifold at the moment, which is a quality bit of kit and ensures great clearance to the dizzy, but I want to achieve a different sound on boost.

Here's how it currently sounds:

https://vimeo.com/156066788

Here's more like the tone I'm after, Rob's car is running an XS power manifold. We have identical exhausts from the decat back, are both running similar power etc.

https://vimeo.com/156067080

black_widow87
20-02-16, 15:57
Supra_scott's supra is the nicest sounding NA-T iv heard when it come to exhaust note. From what i remember it had a long runner exhaust manifold, couldnt say what brand it was though.

ballsdeep
20-02-16, 16:36
I think they both sound awesome, I wouldn't change a thing! just to compare here's my dyno run the first time around.

Mines also xs power manifold but with a 4" dp & mp

https://youtu.be/xerV6t6LhMI

Josh42
20-02-16, 23:31
Screamer pipe maybe

Here's a vid of mine post 346 http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?315254-El-Toro-Negro-SRD700S/page24

I already have a screamer pipe Lee. As I said, we have identical setups bar manifold.

Rich.2211
21-02-16, 00:00
Supra_scott's supra is the nicest sounding NA-T iv heard when it come to exhaust note. From what i remember it had a long runner exhaust manifold, couldnt say what brand it was though.

I do have to say that Scotts does sound absolutely amazing, even just idling!

Style
22-02-16, 12:15
SP Racing do ones but they're stateside. I asked Paul about bringing back his tubular NA-T ones but no luck :(

Downpipe mods will be needed as well as the turbo will be in a different place I would have thought. I know a place up here that do custom ones for a garage that builds drift engines. Not sure what they charge though, they're works of art so probably not cheap!

Josh42
22-02-16, 13:34
SP Racing do ones but they're stateside. I asked Paul about bringing back his tubular NA-T ones but no luck :(

Downpipe mods will be needed as well as the turbo will be in a different place I would have thought. I know a place up here that do custom ones for a garage that builds drift engines. Not sure what they charge though, they're works of art so probably not cheap!

Yeah, I've got a local guy who can mod my down pipe for me without an issue. Also may need to mod the screamer pipe dependant on wastegate position.

Did Paul not get back to you at all about it or was he just not interested in remanufacturing them? To be fair, it was my first choice too.

I'm currently looking at DOCracing and ETS but would prefer a known UK brand if possible.

Style
22-02-16, 14:11
Yeah, I've got a local guy who can mod my down pipe for me without an issue. Also may need to mod the screamer pipe dependant on wastegate position.

Did Paul not get back to you at all about it or was he just not interested in remanufacturing them? To be fair, it was my first choice too.

I'm currently looking at DOCracing and ETS but would prefer a known UK brand if possible.

Paul got back saying they're not available anymore :(

UK supplier would definitely make some money off it I reckon. There's more and more NA-T's coming up these days

Josh42
22-02-16, 22:02
Paul got back saying they're not available anymore :(

UK supplier would definitely make some money off it I reckon. There's more and more NA-T's coming up these days

I'll have to see what I can do, I'm pretty certain I want to swap this manifold out now.

What are you thinking of going for mate?

Style
22-02-16, 22:55
I'll have to see what I can do, I'm pretty certain I want to swap this manifold out now.

What are you thinking of going for mate?

I was just looking around at the time to see if there was one I could pick up. But leaning towards one more and more as I've noticed my turbo is touching the strut. I knew it was close but not that close!

Id conceded to the fact I'd have to order from the states or go for a custom one :( maybe SRD could do one?

Josh42
22-02-16, 23:02
If you are seriously interested, it maybe worth seeing if we can get discount for 2+?

Have you approached Lee or anyone? It's a shame HKS don't do an off the shelf manifold for this.

Style
23-02-16, 09:56
If you are seriously interested, it maybe worth seeing if we can get discount for 2+?

Have you approached Lee or anyone? It's a shame HKS don't do an off the shelf manifold for this.

Are you thinking about getting one soon? I've just poured my funds into a respray and have Dragonball coming up so it's a bit tight just now. I guess it'll be a long process though to get them made. But if they're decently priced, I would be interested.

I only asked Lee on his single turbo kit thread on the SRD section. At the time, there was another name or 2 that sounded interested :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319512-**New-Product-**-SRD-Single-Turbo-Kit/page2

Josh42
23-02-16, 10:37
Are you thinking about getting one soon? I've just poured my funds into a respray and have Dragonball coming up so it's a bit tight just now. I guess it'll be a long process though to get them made. But if they're decently priced, I would be interested.

I only asked Lee on his single turbo kit thread on the SRD section. At the time, there was another name or 2 that sounded interested :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319512-**New-Product-**-SRD-Single-Turbo-Kit/page2

I'm thinking sometime between now and June mate as I'd love it fitted in time for my roadtrip across Europe - those tunnels would emphasise the higher note I'm looking for :grin:

I'll have an ask about and post once I've had some answers.

Style
23-02-16, 12:32
I'm thinking sometime between now and June mate as I'd love it fitted in time for my roadtrip across Europe - those tunnels would emphasise the higher note I'm looking for :grin:

I'll have an ask about and post once I've had some answers.

:thumbs:

That's a good point, one fitted for Dragonball would be good!

trebor69
03-03-16, 23:00
This is one of the XS power manifolds they use and local too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291316706682?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Josh42
21-07-16, 08:26
Bumping this as ETS seem to have removed their GE manifold for sale.

Anybody know of anything?

I did contact Nortech on the recommendation of a friend and all 3 emails got ignored?

Chris Wilson
21-07-16, 09:10
Best way to contact Nortech is by phone.

Style
21-07-16, 11:29
There's a company called Originiall Fabrications in Edinburgh that has done some for drifters up my way. He's on Facebook under the company name, looks like nice pieces of kit.

I spoke to the garage that mapped your car and they do them as well. Is that not an option. Granted they couldn't do the specs I was looking for :(

dungdn93
27-07-16, 11:29
I think they both sound awesome, just to compare here's my dyno run the first time around.