The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member from West Midlands, Looking for first Supra. Budget £7k

Guest Customcarsuk

Guest Customcarsuk

Hi all

Having owned nearly everything else. I have decided to purchase my first Supra. It has always been on my list.

So I have £7k what could that get me?

I can not post on the "for sale section" yet as i am a newbie.

Looking to meet you all at the meets once I get my hands on one. :thumbs:

Hello. :)

As said, once you pay, you'll get full access to the classifieds.

£7k is a fair budget for a Supra. These days, that is going to get you one of the following:

- Automatic Twin turbo (no vvti) - most likely pre facelift, maybe a UK one. There are some facelift import ones around, but not alot. a lot of performance for the money. Usually £4k - £8k

- 6 speed manual Non turbo - rare. Uses the same gearbox as the manual twin turbo cars, so is a good base for tuning. Usually £4.5k - £6k.

- 5 speed manual non turbo - the common manual NA. A nice car in its own right, but not ideal for tuning as the gearbox is relatively weak. Usually £2.5k - £3.5k

- automatic NA - the most widely available Supra. Very tough, very reliable, not that quick. probably the cheapest Supra to maintain. Usually £1.5k - £3k

Guest Customcarsuk
Hello. :)

As said, once you pay, you'll get full access to the classifieds.

£7k is a fair budget for a Supra. These days, that is going to get you one of the following:

- Automatic Twin turbo (no vvti) - most likely pre facelift, maybe a UK one. There are some facelift import ones around, but not alot. a lot of performance for the money. Usually £4k - £8k

- 6 speed manual Non turbo - rare. Uses the same gearbox as the manual twin turbo cars, so is a good base for tuning. Usually £4.5k - £6k.

- 5 speed manual non turbo - the common manual NA. A nice car in its own right, but not ideal for tuning as the gearbox is relatively weak. Usually £2.5k - £3.5k

- automatic NA - the most widely available Supra. Very tough, very reliable, not that quick. probably the cheapest Supra to maintain. Usually £1.5k - £3k

Thanks Pal.. Some good info there.

Guest Customcarsuk
Post count does not matter, you need to pay the £10 membership fee to access these areas.

Paid the Membership. 100% Member now ;)

Guest Customcarsuk

Still hunting.. Decided defo will have to be a Turbo. I have seen a couple Single Turbo conversions. what are the difference on performance of the two. ?

Depends on the spec of the single, but stock twins may get you as much as 450hp with a lot of supporting mods (inc cams). A single can be any HP figure you can think of within reason.

But, it is highly unlikely you'll get a single for £7k. There was a nice Whifbitz NA-T auto for sale within your budget, but cars like this are very rare. Many NA-Ts are total dogs that have been built using nasty parts. There are some very nice ones around, but they are the exception IMO.

If you must have a turbo one (and I would highly recommend it :cool: ), buy the tidiest TT auto you can find.

Guest Customcarsuk

Cheers Pal, did not realise how hard it would be to find one. Might have to increase my budget and keep looking around till the right one comes along.

Best dam car club on the net...even with Abz

Best dam car club on the net...even with Abz

So good you had to say it twice! :D

Welcome to the club, others have already given you great advise. Whilst looking have a look through the forum buying guides. :)