PDA

View Full Version : I'm new lol

nazams
18-10-12, 19:04
Hey boys and girls!!!

I'm new to the supra site joined last year but never had time or a supra to come on line. Mostly been into skyline tbh I have a R34GTR 2.8 600hp and a R32GTR 2.6 450hp ad now a have a bug for a supra lol

Now that I'm looking on buying a supra I would appreciate any pros and cons on buying one. I want the a twin turbo one 6speed manual any colour. I will be getting early next year.

tony tt
18-10-12, 19:14
Welcome to the club. Try here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?67644-What-to-check-when-buying-a-Supra

Any pics of the GTR34?

Dim Sum
18-10-12, 19:19
Hello and Welcome.

As above pictures :D

Chris Bailey
18-10-12, 19:21
If you own a R34GTR RB28 Then lets be honest you must have some money so why not go the full works and buy a Single turbo supra. If you buy the TT 6 speed you'll find that slow in comparison. Not saying the Twin turbo supra's are slow because by all means there not and are still very fast cars even in todays world :).

Welcome to the club mate! :)

nazams
18-10-12, 20:27
Thanks guys warm welcome!!!

Well I like to buy a standard and get everything done that way I know what's been done done and what's not.

Only thing I need to see is I get the right model as there is a few.why I want a 1999 6speed is there where the last one made and if I'm right they would of been build better with slight changes

tony tt
18-10-12, 20:29
Thanks guys warm welcome!!!

Well I like to buy a standard and get everything done that way I know what's been done done and what's not.

Only thing I need to see is I get the right model as there is a few.why I want a 1999 6speed is there where the last one made and if I'm right they would of been build better with slight changes

Oh you can do better than that with the pics come on lol

Kaan W
18-10-12, 20:36

LOL

Welcome to the site mate! No doubt you will own a very nice supra very soon so theres alot of usefull information here you can find before buying one :)

nazams
18-10-12, 20:39

Lol hahah

nazams
18-10-12, 20:41
http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2012/10/501.jpg

More coming

supra joe
18-10-12, 21:00
Any relation to NIZAM lol?

nazams
18-10-12, 21:01
Nizam??

tony tt
18-10-12, 21:03
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt127/adam_85_2009/7a8fea98.jpg

More coming

Thats better :d nice car. As said above though you might be best gettin a single supra if you are use to 600 ponies.

Jamesy
18-10-12, 21:04
Nice car ... Im interesting :)

Chris Bailey
18-10-12, 21:09
Nice GTR - Now show us a picture of it's bum! ;)

Kaan W
18-10-12, 21:11
Nice GTR - Now show us a picture of your bum! ;)

Edited for you mate :)

JakeG
18-10-12, 21:11
Any relation to NIZAM lol?

Just what i was thinking :)

Abz
18-10-12, 21:22
Nice car ... Im interesting :)
:D

Welcome to the club, loads of information on here with regards to the pre-facelift and facelift. The last ones to roll off the line were in 2002 and the first ones in early 1993. Have a check through this:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

nazams
18-10-12, 21:27
Chris behind closed doors lovey!!!!

How laggy are 3.0 single turbos??

DaveR
18-10-12, 21:28
Hello and :welcome:

I like your thinking behind wanting a standard car so you know the whole modification / tuning history - it's definitely what I consider to be "the right way," even though it's often the FAR more expensive way... :salute:

Oh and the biggest pro of a Supra over a Skyline is that it doesn't look like a taxi... :d

I've literally just got mine back (yesterday) from having a single upgrade and, although the weather and other factors have conspired against me so that I haven't managed a "proper" test drive yet, I think I'm able to state with confidemce: they're not! :) I guess it's like anything though - get it done right and you're laughing!

tony tt
18-10-12, 21:29

Depends on the turbo and mapping really.

Kaan W
18-10-12, 21:29

Depends what size but I have a gt35 and it spools from around 3000rpm.

tony tt
18-10-12, 21:30
Oh and the biggest pro of a Supra over a Skyline is that it doesn't look like a taxi... :d

I did wonder when this comment would pop up :d

nazams
18-10-12, 21:33
Hello and :welcome:

I like your thinking behind wanting a standard car so you know the whole modification / tuning history - it's definitely what I consider to be "the right way," even though it's often the FAR more expensive way... :salute:

It's the best way dude the first time I bought I bought a modified I was told its got XYZ but when I started to to a little of own touches turned out to be something to totally different and pay double the price for **** all.

DaveR
18-10-12, 21:33

Thought I'd get in with the cliche first! :)

nazams
18-10-12, 21:35

Not to into it guys!!!

nazams
18-10-12, 21:43
159326t

Spec

Nismo RRR GT500 block (1200hp)
6 Liners fitted
DK 2.8 billet crankshaft
Carrillo H section con rods
Cosworth 2.8 forged pistons 86.5mm
Carrillo H section con rods
Carr rod bolts
ACl race bearings, Mains and conrod
Step 2 camshafts with adj cam pullies
N1 Oil pump
NGK iridium Spark plugs
8's
Splitfire coil pack ignition
Greddy kevlar timing belt
Cosworth metal head gasket 1.8mm
Abbey fuel rail, regulator
Sard injectors
Fully reconditioned cylinder head
Nismo thermostat
HKS Kansai strut brace
Tomei Fuel pump
Tomei sump baffels

Turbocharger & Induction

KOYO Radiator
Greddy BIG 3 layer intercooler/Greddy hard pipe kit
HKS GT2530 with HKS actuators
HKS exhaust manifolds, Tomei turbo elbows
HKS downpipes
HKS Hyper silent exhaust system
TRUST Greddy Suction kit
HKS Fcon pro ECU
Greddy Type R competition BOV
Aftermarket oil cooler system

Drivetrain;

HKS Twin Plate Clutch
Lightened HKS Flywheel
6 Speed Getrag box
LSD and Attesa pro system
HIcas Trust lock out kit

Interior;

Nismo speedo
NISMO MFD II
HKS Boost controller
Greddy turbo timer

Suspension, wheels, brakes

Cusco Master Cylinder Stopper
ARC roll bar kit
Stop tech rear 280/ front 355 Brake Kit
Nismo front circuit links
Nismo tension Rods
Nismo R-Tune fully adjustable coilover suspension
Nismo brake ducts
18 Do-Luck Double Six wheels 10jx18 ET +22 in champagne gold
Falken tyres 275/35/18

Exterior;

Nismo carbon bonnet
Nismo Z Tune wings
Nismo R Tune bumper
Nismo side skirts/ spats
Nismo style front spoiler
Nismo LEDS
Ganador Carbon Mirrors

mattdavies
18-10-12, 21:47
That Skyline sounds slow LOL

Looks very nice. If your looking for a Supra then you should speak to Jurgen on her, he is a registered trader on here

supra joe
18-10-12, 21:47
Edited for you mate :)

Forget about the ass and post a pic of the carpet ;)

nazams
18-10-12, 21:48
Who the best tuner supras?

Parts best place

DEFIANTLY a Do luck kit.

What are like for rust and under body state. Skyline are really bad for rust and stuff like that

Kaan W
18-10-12, 21:49
Forget about the ass and post a pic of the carpet ;)

Eh?

mattdavies
18-10-12, 21:51
Who the best tuner supras? SRD or Whifbitz then fit a syvecs and get Ryan G of 2bartuning to map it

Parts best place Any registered traders

DEFIANTLY a Do luck kit.

What are like for rust and under body state. Skyline are really bad for rust and stuff like that Fresh imports are better then UK but its hit and miss depending on how they have lived their lives

nazams
18-10-12, 21:56
Eh?

Here I go mate

add heywood
18-10-12, 21:58
Ridox single ftw :wave:

DaveR
18-10-12, 22:03
Here I go mate

Alright, that's pretty cool! :drool:

- - - Updated - - -

Who the best tuner supras? SRD or Whifbitz then fit a syvecs and get Ryan G of 2bartuning to map it

:yeahthat:

Abz
18-10-12, 22:33

This laggy!! :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEJ9DiBp3k

supra_ufo
18-10-12, 22:51
midnight purple ! best GTR colour :-)

jcbt
18-10-12, 23:33
It's getting late must go

"TAXI"

nazams
19-10-12, 11:32
midnight purple ! best GTR colour :-)

Dude iv actually got my car in to get painted midnight purple 3

It'll turn out to be like that. Dead excited!!!!

nazams
19-10-12, 11:33
It's getting late must go

"TAXI"

Lol

Axle
19-10-12, 19:10
Interesting

Lbm
04-11-12, 13:16
Very intresting mates.

nazams
04-11-12, 13:20
Thanks.

Just looking the right supra to come along now

Guigsy
04-11-12, 13:40
welcome mate. good hunting!

you mentioned earlier about getting a later car as they should be better built. i dont think anyone answered this.

The facelift cars (97 onwards) while newer seem to have been built to a cost by toyota. there are a few issues they have that the earlier cars dont have. iv had a 98 car, a 94 and a 95.
There are a few things but i dont remember them all.
Some people have mentioned the suspention components dont seem to last as long.
Others have observed the body pannels are thinner, or different in some way, maybe a different material. im not sure how that makes it worse personaly.
There are a few oddities with them too. most people report that the boot doesnt open from inside the car properly when you pull the leaver. mine definately didnt. you would pull the leaver and then it would release but not open enough to unlatch properly.

You do get nicer carpets, passenger airbags, different dash. different indicators, headlights, tail lights and various other bits.

I think in general people would say a 96 non facelift car with the facelift headlights and carpet would be a better car than a 97 facelift car. but its personal opinion.

tkddav3
04-11-12, 14:02
nooooooo! dont do that to the r34, paint it bayside blue! best colour for a 34 end of :)

abtin90
04-11-12, 15:14
Loving the r34. Good luck in your search for a supra :)

nazams
04-11-12, 15:51

you mentioned earlier about getting a later car as they should be better built. i dont think anyone answered this.

The facelift cars (97 onwards) while newer seem to have been built to a cost by toyota. there are a few issues they have that the earlier cars dont have. iv had a 98 car, a 94 and a 95.
Others have observed the body pannels are thinner, or different in some way, maybe a different material. im not sure how that makes it worse personaly.
There are a few oddities with them too. most people report that the boot doesnt open from inside the car properly when you pull the leaver. mine definately didnt. you would pull the leaver and then it would release but not open enough to unlatch properly.

You do get nicer carpets, passenger airbags, different dash. different indicators, headlights, tail lights and various other bits.

I think in general people would say a 96 non facelift car with the facelift headlights and carpet would be a better car than a 97 facelift car. but its personal opinion.

Thanks mate!!

What's the difference on facelift and non facelift??

nazams
04-11-12, 15:54
nooooooo! dont do that to the r34, paint it bayside blue! best colour for a 34 end of :)

Bayside Blue is a best colour, but its not for me if you what I mean there's plenty of BB 34 around

The MPIII is Don suits the 34 nicely

abtin90
24-11-12, 22:11
Any updates on the skyline paint job or purchasing a supra? :)

imi
24-11-12, 22:59
Lovely GTR you have there. Welcome to the club and good luck finding a good supra.

j_jza80
04-12-12, 10:08

The facelift components were built to save weight, not to save on costs. The earlier cars are heavily over engineered, which is precisely why they are so tuneable.