The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling all budding JAE videographers!

Pete

Every year we all wander about with our camcorders filming independant footage.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if we could somehow pool together our efforts to make one big JAE 2006 club DVD?

I'm proficient in video editing and am confident I could produce something pretty cool if people were happy to donate their video footage to add to mine (with credits of course)

We could schedule a few interviews with some club owners, with one camera trained on the subject, whilst the other looks around the car at the points they're talking about. This would give us two switchable viewpoints to switch between on the edit.

If anyone has a proper mic for connecting to the camera for interviewing that would be cool.

We could co-ordinate a better way of filming the convoy. One camera filming everyone leaving (then catch up doing fly bys), another camera inter mingled, one on a junction bridge or something, someone on site filming the arrival. Obviously depends who would be up for it.

I can accept Hi8, Digi8, MiniDV and (probably) DVD formats (I guess they're readable on PCs and just need the data pulling off them?) - or raw AVI data if you can get it to your PC yourself of course.

Just thought it might be an interesting thing to try and get as many aspects of the show together as possible.

What do ya think?

I can accept Hi8, Digi8, MiniDV and (probably) DVD formats (I guess they're readable on PCs and just need the data pulling off them?) - or raw AVI data if you can get it to your PC yourself of course.

Proper DVD format would be a butt-pain - extracting all those VOBs?

if you want reasonable quality, you want the original tape, or raw DV data - if you can handle all the gigs and gigs of data. Raw AVI would be way too much data to handle.

Proper DVD format would be a butt-pain - extracting all those VOBs?

if you want reasonable quality, you want the original tape, or raw DV data - if you can handle all the gigs and gigs of data. Raw AVI would be way too much data to handle.

Some cameras record straight to DVD though, so not much choice.

I've got a fairly phat and empty RAID installation...and of course running an IT company means borrowing the odd hard drive isn't exactly a problem.

what????????????????????????:faint: ................. i assume your kidding, right..?? think i was 16th on the list...

Your not on the updated list with all the information on. Every member of this clyb received an email asking them to check the thread and update me via pm of information required.

If not information was forthcoming list was pruned to confirmed names.

Sorry mate.

Pete,

trouble maker tag gone mate ;)

Damn...Must try harder!

I don't think the live camera feed will happen. I looked into a few technologies but most seems to cost £££'s. I was hoping for some easy multicasting server software I could stick on a spare server, but it's not to be. :(

Your not on the updated list with all the information on. Every member of this clyb received an email asking them to check the thread and update me via pm of information required.

If not information was forthcoming list was pruned to confirmed names.

Sorry mate.

which now means????......:( :( :(

Steve, Just PM Tom which days your coming (ie. Sunday - not camping)

and your car colour (ie. black) and sexuality (ie.gay)

cya at JAE mate

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59346&page=16

just seen this thread..... i didnt get a pm.... any how have done the above mate... its the bloody baby getting in the way of my social life...:blink: :rolleyes: