The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

Make payment for spectating and competing in this link

http://thunderroad.co/hsv/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=3

Big Thanks to Jez from over on the HSV forum for the invite to this.

Well after what seems like an eternity we are finally ready to officially announce the event and publish the details.

THUNDER ROAD 2010

A 1 mile 2 lane blacktop top speed event.

After scrutineering and the safety brief the event will start and run untill 12.00. During this time each driver has the chance to make a max of 5 runs.

The top speed of each car will be entered onto a leaderboard and after racing stops class winners will be awarded their trophies.

Then the fun starts

You now have the option of giving/getting pax rides or swapping cars, all from the 1 mile start point.

If you want to race against someone in the other lane to see who is top dog you can do that too (Driver only)

For those who want to see more speed a TMAX run is available giving each driver the chance to cross the "start line" at speeds in excess of 100mph, which should give a good head start over the mile

Colin Jebson of Javelin Trackdays is putting the finishing touches to the bespoke web page and booking form and when that go's live I shall add the linky so you all can book.

For now though here are the details.

THUNDER ROAD 2010...OCT 24th....WOODBRIDGE AIRFIELD....IPSWICH

COSTS;.....

Car and Driver.....£119.00

Additional Driver....£65.00

Supporter Pass.......£10.00

Pax Pass............£20.00

Helmet Hire.....£15.00..(Please book in advance)

Will update with the web details and booking form this week.

HSV forum has given us 10 spots for this, 103db limit at 4000rpm to pass and STRICTLY no screamer pipes, if you want to run get your name on the list.

Running list.

1. JamieP................. Payment sent

2. Mark Newman........Payment sent

3. jimmenico............ Payment sent

4. mikeyh.............. Payment sent

5. Jay_nw..............Payment sent

6. StuartW.............Payment sent

Spectator list

1. scottc998

2. s crane.............. payment confirmed

3. Dude

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one.... Id love to get in to this big time :D

But before i put my name down i want to get a db reading on the exhaust and speak to Lee about my screamer pipe.

(also meant to be returning from a stag do in amsterdam that day atm)

Your exhaust will pass, it was on my car last year as was the turbo and passed, you will need to sort the screamer pipe though, a muffler/silencer on it will work.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I am very keen but won't be able to commit until my new brakes are sorted and WI is mapped.

Jay - why do you say it's pointless with the J spec cams - do you mean "pointless" as in "no chance of winning"? I ask because I run J spec cams and would like to enter just to see what the car will do even though there be a lot of cars faster than me :)

I am very keen but won't be able to commit until my new brakes are sorted and WI is mapped.

Jay - why do you say it's pointless with the J spec cams - do you mean "pointless" as in "no chance of winning"? I ask because I run J spec cams and would like to enter just to see what the car will do even though there be a lot of cars faster than me :)

Yip, I don't want to win, but it would be nice to see the car perform to it's potential, for me it's a long way to go to get a mediocre result

There are makshift ways of putting a muffler/bung on them mate - i am going to explore this route as i dont want mine plumbed in and plumbed out again!!

Mine is already muffled, I could really do with someone measuring the noise level while I do a pass to see how loud it is.

id love to come to this, no way i can afford it though, after Suprapod disapointment be good to give the car a good thrashing. :D

Think were planning knockhill the week before this, so i'll use that as the last time the car will be thrashed before Winter