The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Supra UK 1995 (N), Blue, Automatic

mawby

I bought the car from CJ for Tigger's birthday back in 2007. It has been in storage for the last five months and we've decided the time has come to go back to being a one Supra family, so the car is up for sale.

The car is completely stock engine wise, and fairly stock body wise, the only modifications being;

• Lexus blue paint
  • 17” alloys
  • BLITZ Nur-Spec Exhaust
  • Blue LED dash
  • Greddy boost gauge
  • Kenwood stereo (Or maybe Sony - can't remember now)
  • Headlight washers removed
  • Interior carpet died black
  • J-Spec Bilstein shocks
  • TRD springs (lowered)

Being a UK car you get all the extras;

• Larger brakes
  • Glass headlights (these will be swapped for the plastic J-specs on my car soon!)
  • Heated leather seats
  • Active spoiler
  • Bonnet vent
  • Larger injectors
  • Larger fuel pump
  • More powerful steel turbos!
  • The option to safely use normal unleaded petrol

attachment.php?attachmentid=92662&stc=1&d=1242508788

The car was put into storage on the 17th July last year. It currently has no MOT or TAX. It had a full service done on the 03/05/2008 and is now due a service. The car has approximately 220,000 miles on the clock but don't be put off by that! At the same time as the last service the car also had the valve stem seals replaced and the cam belt changed, so it doesn't smoke at all. Whilst this work was being done the garage commented on how clean the inside of the engine was and that they would never have guessed it had done over 200,000 miles.

That being said, the car is 15 years old and is far from being 'perfect'. When it went into storage there were a couple of problems with it.

Sometimes when the car had just been started the active spoiler will come down and go back up a couple of times. It's more likely to happen if the car is slowly moving forward and turning tightly to the right. This isn't a big problem as you can just disable the active spoiler for now.

The car did appear to be losing a little coolant, but I have hopefully found and fixed the cause of that whilst it's been in storage - a lose hose as shown in the picture below.

[attach]103442[/attach]

The are a few spots of oil under the car. Nothing huge but they are there none the less. They appear to be coming from the rear of the engine but I haven't had the time to investigate exactly where from.

One of the VSV's would occasionally stick. You'd notice it because you'd be waiting for the second turbo to kick in and it wouldn't. It's very intermittent and it would normally work fine again a few seconds later. As far as I know both turbos are fine. They definitely both pull very strong when the VSV is working.

Although the paint is a lovely colour it would appear the respray was done on the cheap. It is obvious to tell - if you look close enough - that the windows and lights were all left in when the respray was done. Thankfully the original colour was blue so this doesn't stand out and no one has ever noticed it until I've pointed it out.

There is a spot of rust on the boot, which is becoming more common on these cars as they age. As far as I know this is the only spot of rust on the car.

[attach]103440[/attach]

And if you're being picky, the wheels could do with refurbishing. The worst one is pictured below.

[attach]103441[/attach]

This thread has a lot of pictures of the car plus details of some work we did to it, including the infamous electric boot release for anyone wanting a laugh!

So there you have it. It will be a shame to see the car go given the effort that went into getting it in the first place, but hopefully it will go to a good home.

£5,000 no offers.

If the car doesn't sell at that price I will look to put an MOT on it, service it and fix the active spoiler etc, but the price will definitely go up once the car is back on the road so this is a limited time offer.

Small price update. Although I've had some interest I suspect no MOT might be putting people off. So, for £500 I will put an MOT on the car.

Otherwise the car may be heading off to Germany soon.

Really? I will miss my supe:( and I will sulk a lot, but I know it's for the best as it means the veyron is just around the conner:D

I've had that installed too. Totally changed my life :D

Good luck with the sale :)

Yeah it doesn't work very well does it?:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well that's one UK spec less in the UK. It was picked up today and is on its way to Germany as I type. :(

its actualy on its way to mine:D

and then to germany, i might nick some bits of it first;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.