The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nissan 180 Re-shell

Suprash

After sourcing a very good clean 180sx shell I have started the project finally.

Last weekend me and Gav started stripping down the dead shell. We removed the bucket seats, harnesses, roll cage, dash, plumbed in fire extinguisher, boot lid, back lights, carpet, dashboard, complete wiring loom, front wings, intercooler and bonnet.

All thats left is the engine and running gear, fuel tank and a few other bits probably.

This weekend I started work on the new shell spraying the engine bay ready for the engine and running gear.

Anyway on with the pics, although I havent got any of the stripped shell yet, but here's the start of the new shell.

[uPDATE]

[uPDATE]

:D Come on ash get it done and take me for a run round llandow, one on one tuition, what you say ;)

You can have a go in the Nissan if you want, you just gotta buy it first :D She wont be drifted once she has been rebuilt and resprayed as she will be perfectly clean ready for someone else to start their drifting career..........

Good Luck Ash mate hope to see you at BDC again this year. looks like ill be there this year at events

Will keep an eye out for you mate, but Im hopeless with faces and names, so make sure you give me a little reminder nudge and say who you are, otherwise I will randomly chat to you not realising who are you lol, Im dizzy like that ;)

You building this to sell then mate? is the supra drift car still going ahead?

Yep :eyebrows:

Supra is still going ahead if Matt stops stealing bits off my rolling shell, its now minus front sub frame, dashboard and boot lid.....

Anyone have a front subframe, dash or boot lid ? :(

where did you get the shell and how much did it cost, im looking for a shell to transfer the guts from a 200sx with a wonky chassis into.

I got that shell from a someone else that competes in the BDC, its not a 200sx shell though, thats a true 180sx shell.

IMO, it wouldnt be worth you buying a 180sx shell, they arent cheap in comparison to 200sx shell, a good 180sx shell can cost up to 1k, where as you could probably find, in fact have several choices of getting a 200sx with a dead engine, there are loads of them, and then just pick the cleanest 200 shell you can find at the time.

But that obviously depends on what you're planning on doing with the 200sx, is it gonna be a road car ? track/drift car ?

We'll all on good terms, pretty friendly where I am, I think they gave up worrying about it after a while lol, the truck has been stored where the white Nissan is at the moment normally, so its normally 4 cars and a truck, at the moment its 5 cars and truck, if I find a MR2 for her then it will be 6 and a truck lol.....

Subscribed. Too cold for doing things like dropping subfreezing dude!

It wasnt that bad actually, what worse was every time you go to walk around the car and nearly slipped over, it kept us amused throughout the day as you see each other doing the obligatory slip on one leg whilst throwing your arms out to balance yourself lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been doing some more on the re-shell......weekend before last....

Engine and box coming out.......

Ready to go back in.......

Engine still covered in Norfolk grime from Round 4 last year, will have to give the block a clean down......

This weekend......

Loom going back in........

Dash back in.....

Starting to look more like a car again.....old bonnet is just for covering for now.....

Still a long way to go but at least at feels like Im over the main hump and will soon be rolling down the other side. Next week she will go off to the body guy to have the rest of the car sprayed, then back to me for inside and exterior bumpers, bonnet, lights etc....:D