The mkiv Supra Owners Club

98 RSP SZ-R £4,995ono

Scooter

My 98 Royal Sapphire Pearl SZ-R is for sale.

I got the car back in June 2003 from the first owner after import (grade 4.5) at approx 40,000 miles. Between then and now the ownership was transferred to my parents and subsequently back to me again so the V5 now shows 3 previous owners.

It is now on 105000 miles and has never left any of us stranded in that time the only instances of trouble have been a flat battery, an alarm glitch, and the front REAS shocks springing a leak (replaced with 2nd hand yellow Bilsteins).

Being an facelift SZ-R it has the 6 speed box from the TT and a LSD as standard. Also they have no electric drivers seat just in case that bothers you! It has the rare optional Carbon Fibre steering wheel. The car has J-spec brakes which i have upgraded with Chris Wilson ‘Race’ pads. These pads are expensive and IMO perform amazingly well, however they do squeal and create significant dust so could be a problem if you are a window down cruiser. Other than that the only mods are a very modest/low volume Blitz Nur S back box (retains all the stock exhaust bar the very last and largest rear box) and a Toms (i think) panel filter.

It was serviced by a family friend initially and by me since, so there are few actual service bills but the oil and filter have been changed every 5-7K miles (most recently in the last couple of weeks), V160 oil used in the box, Diff oil changed (fluid recommended and bought from Opie oils) recent Castrol SRF brake fluid change, PAS fluid change and toyota plugs. Only things on the ‘to do shortly’ list are the cambelt when i’d change the coolant too.

I have a toyota bill from the original uk owner for a shade under £1,000 with £600 of this being for a repair to the rear passenger side quarter (scuffed on gate post apparently) and this is the only bodywork the car has ever had. There are a couple of car park dings down each side and stone chips on the front, but i would say its very good overall for the mileage.

Cat 1 Scorpion alarm with installation certificate

Tax to Jan 2010

Mot to July 2009

Used as a weekend car for the last year or two, aircon cold, heater hot still drives very well and feels ‘tight’ and all is fine bar the following little annoyances.

Passenger side mirror does not electrically fold

Stereo system had/has an amp feeding the front main speakers and tweeters in the footwells but these now have no sound/power to them, the head unit and unamplified rears work fine.

Speedo and odo are now back clocking up in KM’s. The car had a regular converter, the speedo stopped working for a time and the car would be lumpy and almost stall on idle. Emin a member on here removed my convertor and rewired everything back to stock in Feb07 (so the limiter is now back in place) which fixed the problem. (approx 15K km in the 2 years since)

Looking for £4,995ono but all serious offers considered.

Large pics on photobucket link to come asap.

Must be a typo. Looks 98 to me (and mine is a 98 with almost the same reg).

:) it is a 98, he's on about your 93 comment which we can't see where it came from!

Just to 100% clarify its a 98 car, first registered in the uk in 01/07/02 and bought by me on 14/06/03.

That's lovely scooter. This pretty much ticks all my boxes: RSP, stock bodywork, stock wheels, 6 speed. It's unlucky for me that I don't have £5k to spare or the room to keep another supra.

The 4th photo (dead-on, looking down onto the car) in the original post is IMO the "money shot". :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this one.... wow! Absolutely mint condition. Good luck with the sale.

For a brief moment I thought about buying this and swapping my TT engine, brakes and suspension over to it as my car was bought accident damaged so it's not perfect. But then I remembered that I'm completely skint :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.