The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Taxi

SupraTRD83

Just been made redundant at my place working in admin (current crunch an all that). getting a nice pay out and was thinking 'if i can get another job stragiht away im minted' so i asked the local taxi firm, they got me a job went for interview and IM IN!! just need to get licence from council now which takes 2 weeks to come through (which is perfecto becasue i finish here in 2 weeks notice time) so driving around all day earning whatever. apparently you get what you put in so say 8 hours you keep all the money, 4 hours you keep all the money, said i can have as many holidays as i like and things only work when you want to, but obviously need to work quite a bit to pay for the car rental and radio etc etc. but sounds good to me driving all day with a headphone in picking up grannies for £5 in my back pocket. sound good or bad idea? any1 got experience in this? :eyebrows:

Nissan Skyline is sometimes known as a taxi (in a non-complementary way), when comparing Japanese performance cars. I think they are actually used as taxis in Japan because they made a sensible 4-door version.

It's a dig at Skylines, not your new job. :)

but the car there giving me IS a Skyline :D

Just been made redundant at my place working in admin (current crunch an all that). getting a nice pay out and was thinking 'if i can get another job stragiht away im minted' so i asked the local taxi firm, they got me a job went for interview and IM IN!! just need to get licence from council now which takes 2 weeks to come through (which is perfecto becasue i finish here in 2 weeks notice time) so driving around all day earning whatever. apparently you get what you put in so say 8 hours you keep all the money, 4 hours you keep all the money, said i can have as many holidays as i like and things only work when you want to, but obviously need to work quite a bit to pay for the car rental and radio etc etc. but sounds good to me driving all day with a headphone in picking up grannies for £5 in my back pocket. sound good or bad idea? any1 got experience in this? :eyebrows:

Thats my backup plan if i ever get booted and can't get another job. i've already got offered 60/40 split by one of the guys i went to school with who has his own taxi base- they pay for the car, insurance etc etc... so i get £60 for every £100 i earn :)

the downside is the complete trash you have to pickup after clubs shut, puke to clean up, abuse to put up with and random physical aggression you'll sometimes experience. I know of a taxi driver who was stabbed to death for £20!!! :( if you want to avoid all that stick to day shifts :)

Thats my backup plan if i ever get booted and can't get another job. i've already got offered 60/40 split by one of the guys i went to school with who has his own taxi base- they pay for the car, insurance etc etc... so i get £60 for every £100 i earn :)

the downside is the complete trash you have to pickup after clubs shut, puke to clean up, abuse to put up with and random physical aggression you'll sometimes experience. I know of a taxi driver who was stabbed to death for £20!!! :( if you want to avoid all that stick to day shifts :)

But the night shifts are where all the money is so if you see a taxi driver in chesterfield wearing a full bulletproof suit its me :D

Dean

Do you go on a training course? You know the one. Where they teach you how to ignore road markings, signage, the speed limits, the art of undertaking and how to blatantly disregard all other road users.

I hate taxi drivers so much that I will actually go out of my way to hold them up.

Do you go on a training course? You know the one. Where they teach you how to ignore road markings, signage, the speed limits, the art of undertaking and how to blatantly disregard all other road users.

You missed out just suddenly parking up in the middle of the road expecting others behind you to just sit there and take it.

I almost looked into taxi's whilst I was waiting for my job to come through. There's not much in rank taxis anymore with people using the bus when going home from town. Private hire which by the sounds of it is what you've gone fo seems to be decent money though.