The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uprated Anti Roll Bars

JamieP

I love my Superstreets because they are soft and give a great ride on our bumpy roads but would like a little less body roll, will the antiroll bars make for a harsher ride? if so i will live with a bit of body roll.

No the roll bar dose what it sez on the tin and dose not effect straight line driving at all .

I was told (can't remember who off now) that the adjustability of the ARBs on road cars like ours is a bit of a gimick. They're too heavy, & the distance between the 3 adjustment points is so close that it makes no difference. The cars would need to be much lighter (Elise/Caterham sort of weight) and bigger adjustment distances would be needed to make the adjustments noticable. Any knowledgable suspension people confirm/disconfirm (??) this

I'm planning on TRD ARBs sometime. Quality is top notch.

I confess I'm a little sceptical about Titan ARBs as they sounds excessively stiff - remember that titan are known for drag racing, not road/track racing.

You dont need roll bars for drag racing. Here's the tech info on the Titan roll bars

Front Sway Bar (2 way adjustable)

Light Setting 8% stiffer then TRD 498.9 lbs/in

Heavy Setting 27% stiffer than TRD 584 lbs/in

Rear Sway Bar (3 way adjustable)

Light 18% softer then TRD 367 lbs/in

Medium 6% Stiffer than TRD 458 lbs/in

Heavy 35% Stiffer than TRD 588 lbs/in

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.