The mkiv Supra Owners Club

starting afresh 97 aero twin turbo manual

pauld36

starting again,this car started as a 97 facelift aero and has been converted to full uk spec from a uk 6sp tt converting everything except the headlights,the car was purchased from here and is quite well known,it was standard when purchased from brad as quite standard it has now lots of mods[for full list please see other thread]

unfortunatly i can not post pics on here but will gladly email them to you,any queries please call me on 07931998675,thanks paul

starting again,this car started as a 97 facelift aero and has been converted to full uk spec from a uk 6sp tt converting everything except the headlights,the car was purchased from here and is quite well known,it was standard when purchased from brad as quite standard it has now lots of mods[for full list please see other thread]

unfortunatly i can not post pics on here but will gladly email them to you,any queries please call me on 07931998675,thanks paul

Hi Paul ,good luck with the sale.

Email me the pics if you want and I will put them on this thread for you buddy.

[email protected]

Seeing as this appears to be my old car, I think it would be fair to say I hate what has been done to it. Sorry.

Plus the car had done 120,000 miles before I sold it to Brad two years ago.

Still, I understand he did a good conversion job.

I like the............ side skirts

From a more constructive angle, lose the bonnet, spoiler & light covers & you're let with a very nice Supra which will move a lot easier IMHO. The wheels are nice, the rear bumper is nice, the front bumper & front wings are nice, the car has a lot going for it, but the bad bits just draw attention to themselves.

mileage is just under 76.000 with a whole folder of bills and service bout 4" thick not looking to part ex though sorry

Seeing as this appears to be my old car,

the car had done 120,000 miles before I sold it to Brad two years ago.

Oh really.... :confused:

So the B.S. gets deeper....

:rolleyes:................:run:

no it doesn't.................

unless i'm mistaken (and maybe i am but its stopped no one else in this guys for sale threads, so i'll carry on) the UK car from which every moving part (and lots of non moving parts too) was transferred, had the low miles claimed........

the NA body shell (for which IMO the mileage isn't really relevant) was Ark's and had done the higher mileage.......

Sorry but I do fully understand it all...

The point being is the guy may well have a genuine claim here, but he has been dishonest not clean with the whole thing with a lot of irregularities from the start of his 1st thread.

On paper with his discription it all sounds great... that is until the questions start being answered.

Sorry bud, carry on and someone is welcome to delete this if they like. Just hope someone does not get caught with this and give the Supra a bad name!

Rgds

Sorry but I do fully understand it all...

The point being is the guy may well have a genuine claim here, but he has been dishonest not clean with the whole thing with a lot of irregularities from the start of his 1st thread.

On paper with his discription it all sounds great... that is until the questions start being answered.

Sorry bud, carry on and someone is welcome to delete this if they like. Just hope someone does not get caught with this and give the Supra a bad name!

Rgds

unbelievable i started a new thread to stop this,surely the fact that loads of people on here know this car and have said conversion was a good one,why are some people still trying to pick fault,at the end of everything this is a manual tt aerotop,properly converted and although style might not be to everyones taste it still remains a perfectly straight honest car.:(:(

Guest joop7777

theres little point in putting your car on here m8!, all theyll do is pick faults!! some very sad supra owners about!!

Good idea changing the bonnet, perhaps also stick a stock spoiler on which you can pick up for next to nothing, I think it would get more interest, and removing the headlight covers would also help the sale :)

have still got stock spoiler so if car goes spoiler can go with it ,and headlight covers are only siliconed on so a 5 min job to remove

I like the............ side skirts

From a more constructive angle, lose the bonnet, spoiler & light covers & you're let with a very nice Supra which will move a lot easier IMHO. The wheels are nice, the rear bumper is nice, the front bumper & front wings are nice, the car has a lot going for it, but the bad bits just draw attention to themselves.

:yeahthat: Exactly what I thought when I looked at the pics.

Take the advise and loose the ugly bits, the car could be really nice indeed but it just looks like you didnt know when to stop :( put a stock or TRD spoiler on, deff remove the headlight covers and save yourself some money and just put the stock bonnet on, there is no need for any vents im affraid. After that it will look much much better and appeal to many more people. Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.