The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone ever seen this before? 3S-GTE supra??

keron

:confused: 2,000cc (2litre) and its a four cylinder engine, could someone have substituted a celica engine? and erm....why? with the standard weight and dimesions a 2 litre engine is hardly 'drag/strip' etc friendly!!!!

Me smells sumat fishy, lad :search:

Lx

Its what the JGTC cars use in Japan Linda, its the same engine as in some MR2 turbos and Celica GT4s, and with a big enough turbo its good for 500 - 700bhp, which is plenty for the track, where the conversion is aimed at as its lighter weight

:confused: 2,000cc (2litre) and its a four cylinder engine, could someone have substituted a celica engine? and erm....why? with the standard weight and dimesions a 2 litre engine is hardly 'drag/strip' etc friendly!!!!

Me smells sumat fishy, lad :search:

Lx

Something similar was done by a tuning company and it was stupid fast. Well over 200 IIRC. It was ina bunch of mags and now lives in Scandinavia.

Its what the JGTC cars use in Japan Linda, its the same engine as in some MR2 turbos and Celica GT4s, and with a big enough turbo its good for 500 - 700bhp, which is plenty for the track, where the conversion is aimed at as its lighter weight

It also sits further back so aids weight distribution.

I might go have a look at this as im in eastbourne...i saw this parked up the other day and didnt think much of it, how wrong was i!

I would not bother.... I went to see it. The car itself looked in horrible condition, paint mismatched, overspray everywhere, cracking paint, panels not lining up, rubbers falling off, looked very rough.

The engine, from the outside, did not look to be in great shape either, if I was a buyer, I would not touch it with a barge poll.

However I am still giving serious thought to this sort of conversion.

Guest celicass

They were used in the JTCC by most teams because the engine sits further back, is lighter and the regulations allow them to run more boost if they drop in cc's. The engine they use is a 503e badged as a 3sgte for marketing I believe, It's purely a race engine used by Millen in the pikes peak cars, used in the le mans Supra's aswell.

I also have a GT Four and the 3sgte is really difficult to get big bhp out of, they suffer from ringland failure, the blocks usually crack between 2 and 3 and you really need to forge when you start going over 350bhp. It would be great to have a Supra running a proper 503e but the cost of doing a proper 3sgte could run easily to 10k for 600bhp