The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted Car Covers... At Last!

heckler

Some of you may remember me posting up in a thread in September about fitted car covers for the supra, well, now they have been produced, and prices have been released, I have even got a discount on the covers for forum members.

The covers have been designed to fit a stock supra with the stock rear wing, but they will have some slack for aftermarket bumpers - As my car was used as a template (Abflug front bumper/OEM style skirts/spats).

I can personally vouch for the quality of the covers as I have the prototype and I was told that it was a rough one. At the moment there are no pictures of one fitted to a supra as I'm in Afghanistan!. Pictures will be available sometime in April.

Now, on to the important bit.

This is the blurb from the manufacturers:

"Stormforce: These top of the line covers are suitable for use in all weathers & can also be used as a soft dust cover in the garage! The rugged grey outer is soft yet durable and has a special soft lining for ultimate care of paint and chrome. All four layers are bonded together & the 3rd layer is a special waterproof/breathable membrane that allows damp & moisture to escape from the car but stops rain & dew from penetrating the cover.

Our UK designs for individual models ensure that the cover fits snugly with elasticated hems and strong, detachable underbody securing straps. We also include eyelets on the bottom hem on either side to allow fitment of our locking kit (Locking kits are available for an additional £8.95).

Stormforce covers protects against hot sunshine, rain, hail, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, pets, dirt, dust, scuffs & scratches and are 100% UV resistant. Welded seams are used wherever possible & double stitched hems ensure long life & total outdoor protection. They are breathable, suitable for continual use in all weather conditions and are incredibly strong. In very low temperatures the fabric remains pliable & in strong hot sunshine they keep interiors cool and protect against soft top/interior fade, paint fade & other sunshine degeneration.

Retail Price: £159.50 Incl Vat, Special Club Price: £132.95 Incl Vat

Voyager: A range of lightweight breathable covers for in garage or outdoor use. Breathability ensures that any damp or condensation can evaporate away from the covered vehicle whilst water resistance is maintained by a special bonded coating. Voyager covers are double stitched for strength, feature elasticated hems, underbody securing straps with anti scratch fittings and are manufactured from a latest generation silver fabric. The Voyager is lightweight, yet very strong and compresses down to a compact size that is ideal for tucking in the boot when not in use.

Retail Price: £81.50 Incl Vat, Special Club Price: £59.50 Incl Vat

Sahara: A traditional indoor dust cover, but at a sensible price!

Our dust covers are breathable and 100% UV resistant to protect paintwork and prevent colour fade. Supplied with elasticated hems and underbody straps for a snug fit, a Sahara cover will keep the dust and dirt off your pride and joy and keep it away from prying eyes. Manufactured from a thick non-woven material in a royal blue colour, Sahara dust covers will not deposit fluff on mohair or canvas hooding material and are both machine and hand washable

Retail Price: £61.95Incl Vat, Special Club Price: £42.95 Incl Vat

All Supra covers feature fitted door mirror pockets, detachable underbody straps & are supplied in a strong zipped storage bag at no extra charge.

We have all the above covers in stock now & UK carriage is £8.95 for stormforce & £6.95 for Voyager / Sahara.

For payment we accept Visa / MasterCard & UK cheques."

If you wish to purchase one, please do by:

01903 731333 or online at http://www.cover-zone.com & just send a message at the same time to state 'club special price' - It also maybe worth mentioning my name. (Si Murphy) To get the discount.

I will also add, I have nothing to do with the company, not taking any commission etc.. I just hope I am providing something worthwhile for the club.

:thumbs:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic, will deffo get one of these, just need to decide if I only want a cover for when Supe is in the garage or if I shuld get the top iof teh line one and be covered for all eventualities....

Any idea what size the all-singing-all-dancing one squishes down to when not in use?

Are they machine washable?

Fantastic, will deffo get one of these, just need to decide if I only want a cover for when Supe is in the garage or if I shuld get the top iof teh line one and be covered for all eventualities....

Any idea what size the all-singing-all-dancing one squishes down to when not in use?

Are they machine washable?

Quite small, erm... bit smaller than a 14" TV?!. Not sure about machine washable. I'll shall ask...

Quite small, erm... bit smaller than a 14" TV?!. Not sure about machine washable. I'll shall ask...

ok, i asked, any the reply is:

"All the covers are washable by hand or by machine your domestic machine is big enough..... no problem on Voyager & Sahara, I think!

We include an instruction pack with every cover & this has details of how to wash & other tips for caring for the cover. We'd suggest a wash only once or twice a year as the fabrics have been treated with a waterproofing agent & this will become less effective with each wash."

• 7 months later...

Quick bump - has anyone taken a photo of one of these on a car yet?

I want a cover but I don't want one that looks as though it's a blanket dropped on a car, I want it to be tailored to fit the important bits. I'm also concerned that these have been designed around the TRD wing so could look baggy on the stock one - hence the photo request.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.