The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Refurbed lights - ALL GONE WRONG

imi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say its gone quiet as theres not much more to say. You put your side, he put his and stated it would be his only post on the matter so anything further that is said isnt going to help the thread.

People have seen the standard of the work and can draw their own conclusions.

JB

I would say its gone quiet as theres not much more to say. You put your side, he put his and stated it would be his only post on the matter so anything further that is said isnt going to help the thread.

People have seen the standard of the work and can draw their own conclusions.

JB

Agreed....in that case....lets wait for Liam's reply...then again he did say that, that was his one and only post on the thread and I havent received an adequate offer from him. Will keep you all posted with the outcome.

I'll give it until end of play tomorrow. If there isnt a suitable response then I will ask for advice as to what action I could possibly take.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN AND RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I WANT THIS TO BE REMOVED OR CLOSED.

If this thread will have a happy ending then it should be here for all to see, if not then likewise.....

I hope it has a happy ending. Seeing the diff between yours and the j spec is just beyond funny. I hope he will sort them for you cause they are awful.

P.S I feel you have gone about this in a fine way. you have not been jumping the gun to name. You just want whats right.

I opened up my Jspec lights to clear up the yellowing and I found out that it is a very difficult job to do. I managed to fit each light in the oven and melt the seal and open up the dam thing.

To put it back is a nightmare and I remember there was a gap but no where near what the photo looks like. I had condensation after I fitted it back when it rained, I have to apply a layer of window sillicon to seal it. then trouble free until I crashed the car.

Doesn't matter if the job is difficult or cost only 100 quid, the fact is that this is no DIY job and has been paid for. I would expect the person to water test the lights before sending it out. Sounds a lot to ask for with 100 quid but a job is a job don't take it if you can't deliver .....

Can't drag friendship into this one, nothing to do with that.

UPDATE:

I am posting the lights back to Liam at my cost (he will post them back at his only because and I quote "my time is to valuable to argue about such minor things") - while I am not happy about this, I have been assured by liam that the lights will be perfect on their return this time.

he will sort out the following:

- misting issue with both lenses

- clean up the finishing, make it look presentable and professional

- make sure that there aren't any loose objects inside

unfortunately he says that the chroming is the best he can get despite using the most expensive chrome paint

And I have asked him to send me photos of the finished lights BEFORE he sends them back.

Guest jasonpb

Well this is all rather easy to do and you can pick up the same sealent that is used originaly on the lights in shops here.... can't remember what it's called though!

If I was you I would have a go at doing it myself, clean all the silicon off heat up the old sealent in the oven and attach the lense, you can then pop it back in the oven for a bit take it out and push the lense back on fully. It will stay warm for a little while so you have plenty of time to adjust it.

Make sure you use a fan forced oven as well otherwise the heat is uneven and makes removing the lense harder. If you don't replace the sealent you will always end up with condensation in the lights.

iam glad you got a out come that you are pleased with i do think that this was a one off as i know of many many people that have had work done by Liam that are than pleased with i myself have shed loads of parts painted by liam on my car and its all spot on

Lights are with Liam at the moment, he is re-doing them and is asking me whether I want him to use windscreen sealant as that will more or less guarantee that the lights wont mist again at the cost that I wont be able to split the lights open......hence the question.

appreciate some advice here so Liam can get on with the lights...

many thx

Lights are with Liam at the moment, he is re-doing them and is asking me whether I want him to use windscreen sealant as that will more or less guarantee that the lights wont mist again at the cost that I wont be able to split the lights open......hence the question.

appreciate some advice here so Liam can get on with the lights...

many thx

i used it on mine and it means you can pull them apart when needed without reheating them if the worst happens(misting) but if enough is used then you should not get this problem...

i used it on mine and it means you can pull them apart when needed without reheating them if the worst happens(misting) but if enough is used then you should not get this problem...

Yep, I followed your advice Dave and mine have come up brand new would you adam and eve it!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the lights back for the third time from Liam on Saturday and installed them in the freezing cold.

PICS HERE 26-11-05

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Webpage/Supra%20Pics/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam/26-11-05/

Here are some pics for you all to judge for yourself.....

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Webpage/Supra%20Pics/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam/26-11-05/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam%20009.jpg

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Webpage/Supra%20Pics/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam/26-11-05/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam%20011.jpg

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Webpage/Supra%20Pics/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam/26-11-05/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam%20014.jpg

AND TODAY :cry:

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Webpage/Supra%20Pics/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam/26-11-05/Lights%20Misting1.jpg

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Webpage/Supra%20Pics/Supra%20Lights%20-%20Liam/26-11-05/Lights%20Misting2.jpg

So all in all - Liam, THX for wasting my time, my lights and my money, I think I have been extremely fair, if not too fair, in actual fact, I should be compensated here for all my losses.... :complain: