The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk spec - 1993 - tt auto - bpu

N-Mir

Hello, I have decided to put my supra up for sale, mostly because I have owned it for around 3 years now and I don't have any major plans/project for it and I would much rather sell it on to someone who will first of all take care of it and invest money if they want to but obviously taking care of it would be more important to me. I have been driving it less and less and because of the awesome all year round weather we have in this country its parked up for 6 months of the year. In the last 2 months I had done about 100 miles in the car and normally rank up about 1000/2000 miles a year max. Am sure a lot of people hear this a lot but am not really too bothered if it sells or not because its such a nice car. If I get a reasonable offer I will let it go, if not its in the garage for another winter but I recently got 12 months tax, think it was at the beginning of march when we had a week or two of nice sunny weather so a UK buyer gets around 10 month tax and MOT is due in July so I can get another 12 month if required.

The car was originally sold from brand new from Newcastle Toyota main dealers in 1993 to a Mr Gains who also got extended warranty which expired 16/10/1998. The next owner was my uncle, Ibrar Jabbar who most of your guys and girls will know. He changed the car a fair bit including the color which was originally silver and installed a new engine so even though the clock shows the car has done around 105,000 miles the new engine has only done around 70,000. My dad got the car around 2003/2004 and then he gave it to me a few years later.

The car has had colour changed, body kit all around, custom split rims, 6" titanium back box, 4" stainless steel all the way, Greddy intercooler, New radiator, Air filter, Dump valve, Greedy Turbo Pipes, Apexi Boost controller. Am sure theres some more work that has been done on the car but I got the car fully done and it was Uncle Ibrar who did 95% of it. Apart from regular oil changes the only thing I have done to the car was spend £1,500 on the sound system which does the job but I never wanted to shake peoples houses as I drove past. The last stamp I have in the service book was 2003 but as mentioned before I got it checked every year but off my dads mates and therefore never got any stamps. I have the original document holder with all the books, service, extended warranty, instruction book, mot and so on.

The car has some bad points, the front bumper has some stone chips but thats normal I suppose. The plastic on the inside front left arch came off a while back and has not been replaced. The under tray also came off after a garage never replaced it back on properly and was not replaced. Both rear tyres need changing soon, Front to rear brake pipe slightly corroded, rear brake pads need changing soon, some of these bad points might be fixed depending on when the car sells.

Price - Offers in the region of £10,000 possible part ex but depends on what you have.

If I have missed anything off or you have anymore questions please ask.

Thank you

Thanks guys, had it up for sale on the forum around december/january time but was obviously the wrong time to be putting up, thought id try again as I would prefer someone on here buying it, thats why ive never had it on ebay or the autotrader.

Thanks supraman, It did say toyota/lexus from what I can remember because the garage closed down about 16 years ago. I just said toyota because thought it would be odd saying it was sold from a lexus garage.

Thanks supraman, It did say toyota/lexus from what I can remember because the garage closed down about 16 years ago. I just said toyota because thought it would be odd saying it was sold from a lexus garage.

No problem, its a stunning loking car.

10% off listed price if it makes any difference, I really want to sell this car to a supraforum member. I have a reasonable offer from a dealer for a part ex but he's just gonna sell it to anyone who offers him half decent money and I don't want to see this car heading for the scrap pit if some numpty gets a hold of it. Also do any of you guys know how much it would cost to convert this car to 6 speed manual? Thanks

Thanks david, how hard/easy is it to source the parts and that is for the 6 speed manual conversion just making sure. Do most people just plonk a normal 6 speed in or do they modify them further? Am no mechanic so DIY is a no go for me, if I did fit it myself the box would drop out before I even start it. Would it increase the the value or desirability of the car as well? sorry for all the ?. Just wanted to make sure.

If you do the conversion, you risk loosing the European market for your car as the vin plate will still list it as an auto, which I think will cause them serious issues come mot time.

Eh really? Well thanks for letting me know but it depends on what happens if no one buys it within a few more weeks then I might as well get a 6 speed conversion that would make me keep the car a few more years. If its hard and expensive to get it done I might as well trade it in but ill get a lot less then what I advertised it on here from one dealer, the other garage will give me more but I don't like any of the cars he has at the moment. Am surprised its not sold and Ive had no interest on the forum. If its priced too high someone should say so or make an offer but yeah thanks again guys for the advice.

Just out my price range :(

Just send me a PM with an offer, am only going to say yes or no! Plus i would consider part ex if it helped.

Love this car, Hope it goes to a member :)

I hope it does as well

Lovely example

Nice example mate I'm sure this supra has been in fast car magazine when ibrar owned it 2002/03. Good luck with the sale.

I defo remember uncle Ibrar supra that came in fast car waaay back I think it was in 2001 but that was the old original one probably the first one, 6 speed manual with chrome wheels I have the magazine stored some place. I think blue is his favourite colour might be wrong about that but he's sprayed more cars that colour, still remember his blue celica was amazing probably because I was little when I first saw it even remember the small blue light he had that was similar to the knight rider red strobe but a lot smaller and placed on the dash lol But I never knew this one had been in a magazine as well!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.