The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Borg Warner Turbo's

Guest ineedboostbad

Guest ineedboostbad

I'm ditching my old Innovative 66 for something with better spool. I spoke with Full Race who recommended the s300sx FMW http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borgwarner-airwerks/borgwarner-s300sx-fmw-turbo.html

He mentioned that he had sold it to someone in the UK. If anyone has any experience with these, or better yet a dyno chart, please fill me in.

Thanks!

-J

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is a Borg Warner S400SX turbo with a 67mm compressor wheel with a 83mm turbine wheel and a 1.10a/r exhaust housing. This is the non billet version but was the prototype for the new Billet version that has now been released.

This is with 280 camshafts aswell.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137656&stc=1&d=1314001826

Really not impressed with any borg warner turbos ive seen, Love you steve but that 67mm you have is making less power at 5000rpm than my PT GT42-76 makes, at 5000rpm i make 525/550, you should be romping me at that rpm level with a turbo that is 10mm smaller.

Its the same with every borg warner graph ive seen.

I was just so put off by the Precision turbos failing I wanted to try something different. I am still using my old Boostlogic single gated manifold at the minute, although if I can get the motivation that may be changing soon, if I do I may look at a different turbo again. Not sure what yet though.

You are right, they did have an issue of failing for a short while, seemed to only be in the UK for some reason, never read of it on supraforums, I think they are ok now though, mines been fine, Nothing comes close to the power and spool they make imo.

Im looking at new turbos again as i want a bit less power before i kill myself, New CEA 7175 has just put down over a 1000whp.

The technology on turbos seems to be moving fast at the minute, the smaller units are making great power for there size.

Yup, Reading the other day of a new PT6766 putting down 940rwhp at 34psi, Most likely what im going to go with later on this year unless anything i feel is better comes out.

Oh, looking at that graph on the s400sx it not that good . but they say its good for 1200 bhp , mybe the car is not set up for big power and that tubo is wasted on that set up.

Mark, S400SX comes in many sizes from 67mm upwards, Steve's is the 67, his car makes very good power for a 67mm turbo, just does not spool like a modern PT67 from looking at that graph.

If you want an S400SX that does 1200bhp you would need to look at the 82mm FMW.