The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blueangel banned?!?

Guest jhepburn

Guest jhepburn

Anyone have information as to why he was banned? I sent Ric $850 for a LED tail light conversion. I have never met the guy, obvious since I am in the US, but want to make sure I don't get burned. Anyone stay in contact with Ric?

Thanks,

Jeremy

The irony here is he was banned for trading on the forum without authorisation.

We asked him to get in touch to discuss it and to stop trading via the forum and he put forward an arguement but continued to trade (replying to PM notifications gives the game away somewhat).

So unless he can put forward a very good case I'm not sure he is coming back.

Hope you get what you want from him, but if you traded with him via the forum without him being an authorised trader there is not a lot we can do to help.

Guest jhepburn
The irony here is he was banned for trading on the forum without authorisation.

We asked him to get in touch to discuss it and to stop trading via the forum and he put forward an arguement but continued to trade (replying to PM notifications gives the game away somewhat).

So unless he can put forward a very good case I'm not sure he is coming back.

Hope you get what you want from him, but if you traded with him via the forum without him being an authorised trader there is not a lot we can do to help.

Thanks for the insight. By "trading" do you mean purchasing goods from a person without that person being a forum sponsor? UK lingo is a bit different than US lingo and I want to make sure I am understanding what you're saying. I purchased a new set of rear tail lights that Ric was installing his LED conversion in. Many members have vouched for him on supraforums.com, which is why I decided to send a Ric money to perform the LED conversion for my car. I am not looking for any assistance per say, just some insight as to why he was banned and if anyone has any way to get in touch with Ric outside of PM's. I am glad he wasn't banned for screwing people over, that was my main concern.

Thanks for the insight. By "trading" do you mean purchasing goods from a person without that person being a forum sponsor? UK lingo is a bit different than US lingo and I want to make sure I am understanding what you're saying. I purchased a new set of rear tail lights that Ric was installing his LED conversion in. Many members have vouched for him on supraforums.com, which is why I decided to send a Ric money to perform the LED conversion for my car. I am not looking for any assistance per say, just some insight as to why he was banned and if anyone has any way to get in touch with Ric outside of PM's. I am glad he wasn't banned for screwing people over, that was my main concern.

He didn't have permission to trade on the forum, was told specifically not to but he decided he might as well.

Does anyone have a way to get in touch with Ric (phone number, email address, etc.)?

I have his email address.

He was selling items on the forum that authorised people were also on here to sell. Heckler does LED rear lights. I dont think it was the odd set. I got him to do my headlights as I contacted him through ebay from an ad of rear lights that were on there.

If you PM me your details I'll forward them to him and ask him to get in touch for you.

EDIT: didnt see Dnk's post beat me to it by hooours.