The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coilovers - what's recommended?

benkei

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned in your other thread fitting softer springs with your Bilsteins would give you a good UK road setup.

If you want to replace the lot with adjustable coilovers and don't want to spend a fortune I would go with a set of Tein Super Streets, these are well suited to UK roads.

If you want to replace the lot with adjustable coilovers and don't want to spend a fortune I would go with a set of Tein Super Streets, these are well suited to UK roads.

Are the Super Streets still only single perch, Nic? I'd be looking for a set that are dual perch imo (I have a set of MeisterR on my DC2 and find them pretty suitable for our roads. An alternative would be HSD's which seem pretty popular as well (not 100% if these are dual perch but I'd assume so).

I could change the springs, but how will that affect ride height? All I was thinking was with adjustables I could set them how I wanted pretty much and not have to 'make-do' with how they sat, like with springs.

And what do you mean by 'perch' Ian?

Guest wantthatone

im on a budget & fitted HSD. there on the softest setting now, but i bushed everything as well with poly bushes, so the only thing that bounces in the car is me! lol.

Tien Super Streets don't have adjustable upper mounts... Does that matter?

Where's the best place to get them from?

No Supra coilovers have adjustable upper mounts. The Super Streets are available either with or without upper mounts, if you buy without you just use the stock mounts. There's no benefit having the Tein upper mounts other than ease of fitting and looks.

The Tein Flex and Mono Flex are very good, but are setup a bit firmer than the the Super Streets.

Does anyone know what the spring rates are of the Tein flex (mono flex) and the Tein super street. I'm running a set of tannabe GF210 at the moment with bilstien shocks. The spring rate on them are 8.5 on the front 4.5 on the rear but the front lower the car by 35mm and dosent give any stroke on the front shocks. So looking for a set of coilovers but don't want any that going to be to hard and effect the handling.

so tein seem better than the cw setup ? i was saving up for cw set up but after jp prefered the tein flex !

I know its going against what most say but i was never happy my cw setup, the car was to low even on the highest setting, teins set at a sensible ride height gave a much better ride for a street car imo.

JamieP - I've not found any Tien Flex... where did you get yours from?

MVP. whifbitz will get you a set also id say.

I know its going against what most say but i was never happy my cw setup, the car was to low even on the highest setting, teins set at a sensible ride height gave a much better ride for a street car imo.

MVP. whifbitz will get you a set also id say.

Just out of curiosity Jamie are you using stock top mounts or Tein ones? I've read the instructions for the Flex's and they say for some reason that they're not to be used with stock top mounts, but the Super Streets can.

Just out of curiosity Jamie are you using stock top mounts or Tein ones? I've read the instructions for the Flex's and they say for some reason that they're not to be used with stock top mounts, but the Super Streets can.

Tein.

What hight you set at j and what size wheels you got ?

A sensible one... hard to say as my arches are different, i just have it set to a height im happy with, thats the great thing with bottom adjustable coilovers, i dont even have to take a wheel off to adjust the ride height, im on 18" wheels.

think its back to my first choice then, teins cheers j

Careful of the ones you choose (already covered).

HSDs are the same btw. Jack up the car, loosen off the bottom locking collar, rotate strut, tighten back up... job done. Fantastic coilovers IMO.