The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coilovers - what's recommended?

benkei

It won't matter, the spring rates of the SS are listed so low due to the fact that to get any rideheight whatsoever you need to compress the spring hence altering the pre-load (makes the ride rock hard). It is the main reason why I didn't go with SS. Previously I would have went with the Flex versions but I can't see them being any better than HSDs to be honest, you are paying for the Tein brand more than anything else IMO.

thats very true. have you experianced any knocking from the front or rear shocks from HSD like you somtimes get from Tein.

I can supply these to forum members for £694 including delivery and VAT, retail is £787.

Thanks

Paul

Thats a very good price i would take a set at that price. if u can do a group buy i would be in

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats very true. have you experianced any knocking from the front or rear shocks from HSD like you somtimes get from Tein.

Nothing so far but I think they only have about 100 miles on them so far lol. Well, I say nothing so far but when I fitted them the strut wasn't tight so Harry got a bit of a fright when he took my car for its MOT. Tightened it up and it's been silent since :D

A few guys here have them, TDR (Brian) did a pretty indepth review of them and commented on how quiet they are.

Nothing so far but I think they only have about 100 miles on them so far lol. Well, I say nothing so far but when I fitted them the strut wasn't tight so Harry got a bit of a fright when he took my car for its MOT. Tightened it up and it's been silent since :D

A few guys here have them, TDR (Brian) did a pretty indepth review of them and commented on how quiet they are.

You sold them to me. You should be a sales man

Edited by fastcar (see edit history)

Swampy did u have the Tein super street on a supra or your aristo. I'm looking for a good set of coilovers but don't want anything to hard. But something gives good road holding.

Sorry for the late reply dude. I had them on a Soarer. Ive currently got JIC Magics on the Aristo and theyre really good, although coming to the end of their useful life.

If anyone is feeling really flush they could talk to Wheels in Motion about a bespoke Gaz set up :)

Edited by Swampy442 (see edit history)

Sorry for the late reply dude. I had them on a Soarer. Ive currently got JIC Magics on the Aristo and theyre really good, although coming to the end of their useful life.

If anyone is feeling really flush they could talk to Wheels in Motion about a bespoke Gaz set up :)

have been looking at them to. i think more research is needed to get the best setup.

HSD is looking good at the price Paul is offering

My car came with yellow billies, I switched to a JIC FLT-A2 setup which was great but very very firm, after that I switched to a CW track setup which transformed the car, it was so much more compliant on normal use but when pushed on track it does the trick nicely, if I was to change again I think it would be the Nitrons :thumbs:

My car came with yellow billies, I switched to a JIC FLT-A2 setup which was great but very very firm, after that I switched to a CW track setup which transformed the car, it was so much more compliant on normal use but when pushed on track it does the trick nicely, if I was to change again I think it would be the Nitrons :thumbs:

Thanks Wez. That does seem to be a direction I would head in, funds permitting of course.