The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alfa romeo rebuild

Dnk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of the prepwork and the last 2 as it came out the paint shop in its new Jagermeister Racing colours

Added a few more of it painted, ready and waiting to go back together now with lots of new shiny goodies :)

Without pics of sister this topic is useless :D

I'll have a look if i've got any on my pc but she wont do any Hovis shots for anyone so don't bother asking for any :D

Okay heres a couple i found, one with her and David Leslie when he drove with her in her 1st Alfa at the big Silverstone classic meet, sadly not long before he was killed in a plane crash.

The other is at Mallory Park heading down the Devils Elbow again in her 1st Alfa in her 1st season.

Wow, big floorpan repair job, but looks very nicely done. Very pretty cars, and if she gets sick of it in N/A form the TC engine takes to a turbo like a duck to water :)

I was quite supprised there was as much left under the paint as there was to be honest.

I will pass on your comments to my sister but think the scrutineers might notice a turbo stuck in there ;)

I am liking the Autodelta stuff! And the flocked dash, who did that if you don't mind me asking? It looks more show car than most show cars, IYSWIM? Stunning!

The dash is alcantara and i think the rear shelf is as well, the door cards have been covered in black vinyl with orange stitching.

The whole family works in motorsport and engineering, my brother owns an runs Laranca Engineering and my sister is his PA, he also owns and runs a classic BMW touring car team and has Jackie Oliver driving for him.

The Alfa is being rebuilt at GTS Motorsport in Earlswood, the owner is Tom Shepherd, i used to work for both Laranca and GTS, we used to be the Martini Formula Renualt importers a few years ago and raced them for several seasons along with M3's at the Nurburgring 24hr

I'll pass on your compliments, she'll be made up hearing that, trying to get the Alfa out for the big classic meet at Silverstone week after next.

My clients who own the Historic Endurance Rallying Organisation have just finished restoring a Lancia Fulvia Zagato and a very rare 1968 Porche 911 SWB. The restoration costs are substantial but the end results are amazing.

Here is some of their current collection.

http://www.heroevents.eu/HEROArriveDrive/

Might be an idea to enter one of their rallies. If you want me to have a word about a discount just let me know;)