The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alfa romeo rebuild

Dnk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a quality job. Looks lovely mate.

As Chris has said thats a serious repair job on the floor. Makes me wonder what it was like before hand :(

Well it is around 40 years old so a little corrosion was expected :D

I think the wires for the horn and the hoses are Aeroquip Startlite Racing Hose £23 a metre from Demon Tweeks

It won't be a runner at Silverstone but will go there as a static display, it's not worth rushing the build and it really needs to go on a test day to make sure everything is 100%

I think the wires for the horn and the hoses are Aeroquip Startlite Racing Hose £23 a metre from Demon Tweeks

It won't be a runner at Silverstone but will go there as a static display, it's not worth rushing the build and it really needs to go on a test day to make sure everything is 100%

Very sensible, would be a crying shame to have some issues due to rushed final stages of preparation, it's so tempting to make a desperate lunge for a wanted deadline, but that machine is deserving of patience and a measured approach to being race ready.

Thanks for the info on the hoses, are they as flexible as they look, compared to stainless braided "normal" Aeroquip style hose?

I am hoping to go the Silverstone meeting as a spectator, I'll be sure to look out for this if I make it there. Good luck.

I would say it's more flexible than braided hose and i think it has a layer of nomex to make it fire resistant.

I shall be at Silverstone hopefully on Saturday as my sister is racing her other Alfa, her race is just after 10am.

Keep an eye out for her new transporter, its still in its old livery at the moment but heres a couple of pics

Saturday at Silverstone wasn't a good day:( approx 12 minutes into the 1hr endurance race there was a coming together between my sisters Alfa and a BMW, this left the Alfa stationary and sideways on and was then hit by a Mini at full speed which made quite a mess of the back end of the car.

Just shows how quickly it can all go wrong, we were lucky in a way as after the Mini hit the car and spun it around a Lotus Cortina narrowly missed hitting it head on.

This was in her old Alfa and not the rebuilt Jagermeister car but its still going to be a costly repair.

Thanks Chris

We all felt really bad for Roz as she lives and breaths racing her Alfa's, its a horrid feeling when your cars obviously not coming round, then you hope its just beached in a gravel trap and then you see it on the back of the recovery truck.

The incar video isn't nice to watch and everyone that watched it afterwards took a deep breath when the Cortina goes past ! I bet the guy driving it did too !

I'll post up some pics when i get a chance, on a good note though her new car got more interest than just about everything else there.

• 2 months later...