The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alfa romeo rebuild

Dnk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just too damned clean for its own good, send it round here, I'll soon have it looking like an Italian race car ;) That's an awful lot of ironmongery locating the back axle transversely, I take there's a Watts linkage buried in there somewhere? Pristine, absolutely pristine. When's it out?

It'll soon get dirty but my sis has vowed not to race it in the wet lol

Not sure of the name but it has a sliding block affair on the rear axle.

No date fixed yet but think it will turn a few laps at Mallory or Donington before it gets entered competitively

Impressive! Better condition then a brand new car!

Is your sister some multi millionaire, some serious kit she has! :)

It should as it had a ground up restoration done, every nut, bolt and washer is new.

If she is she's spending it all on herself :(

Hopefully it all gets fixed Dunk.

Loving the Alfas. Would love an Italian car one day, no matter the pain it'd probably cause me. Friend's two hawk Stratos have been very very nice and appealing.

Theres nothing wrong with it and was just getting a proper check over before it heads to a race circuit for a few shakedown laps.

One of these then?

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulia-gta-gta-1300-jr-gtam-1965-1975/154128-sliding-block-rear-suspention-castings-new-repro.html

Not racing it in the wet should reduce her UK championship hopes somewhat dramatically :)

Yes thats the set up on the rear.

Now the cars finished and in its immaculate state i think she is a little concerned about racing it in the dry or the wet, especially after her other car suffered a big shunt at Silverstone.

I guess we'll see and if she does race it then there will be a few fingers crossed on the pitwall ;)

• 4 months later...

Bit of an update

The Jagermeister car along with my sister have been invited to Goodwood this weekend for a Masters series test day, it's had some shakedown runs and everything appears to be 100%

I was over at BMTR in B'ham getting some wets fitted to the new wheels and also a new set of slicks.

Also good news on her original car in that Normandales (Daventry) have done a fantastic job of repairing the damage from its Silverstone shunt and also had a full repaint so that also looks immaculate.

Will post up pics as and when i get some

Bit of an update

The Jagermeister car along with my sister have been invited to Goodwood this weekend, it's had some shakedown runs and everything appears to be 100%

I was over at BMTR in B'ham getting some wets fitted to the new wheels and also a new set of slicks.

Also good news on her original car in that Normandales (Daventry) have done a fantastic job of repairing the damage from its Silverstone shunt and also had a full repaint so that also looks immaculate.

Will post up pics as and when i get some

Good news, looking forward to the pics :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

A few pics from Castle Coombe last weekend, it was just a trackday to do some testing on some differant tyres

and to have a day out :)

We got my 81 yr old mother in the car for a few passenger laps as it was her birthday :)

Nice new Chinese pit bike, £600 and a bargin :D

Also spent the evening at the Castle Inn in the village, what a nice place with great food

and booze :)

Pub looks nice! Not sure about the yellow nose band on the car.... So, let me get this right, you bought your 81 year old mother a Chinese made pit bike for her birthday? Cool, sort of thing I did for my mother, then commandeered it when she fell off :)

I DO like that car, very very clean and well presented machine.