The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Conversion

JNk10

I was wondering what would be the best option for me to do to my NA. I want to go turbo before cannonball europe in 2010, so whats everyones thoughts on Na-T or straight swap TT conversions.

Anyone on here done it, and what sort of costs

I was thinking it may be cheaper to go TT. Simply becuase its plug and play. I need to have 350 hp or their abouts, which should be attainable with TT swap, exhaust and FMIC

TT will be a far easy base, but don't forget clutch, gearbox...

Im taking it is the same main block build on the na and the tt ? So injectors, ecu, loom, turbos, manifold etc

Nope, there are some major differences. Machining on the block, oil squirters, cams, iginition type. If you do a search there is good technical info on exactly this subject. It has been covered a few times :p

I was thinking it may be cheaper to go TT. Simply becuase its plug and play. I need to have 350 hp or their abouts, which should be attainable with TT swap, exhaust and FMIC

Why do you need 350hp? Is there a minimum entry limit for Dragonball?

I had a look on the website and found nothing, though the T&C seem to be hidden as it says to read them and I can't find them..

cheap !

Boost Logic Turbo Kit for 1993-97 Supra Non-Turbo (and SC300) - Stage 1

Part # Bst Log NA TK Stg1

This kit contains everything you need to convert your Non Turbo MKIV Supra or SC300 into a turbo charged sleeper. Here is the list of parts included:

Boost Logic 321SS Tubular Manifold 1 5/8” Tubing and 1/2” Thick 321SS Flanges

(Turbo’s with a 4” inlet clears the distributor. Manifold fits a turbo up to a T76)

T61 Turbo w/ T4 flange

HKS 40mm Wastegate

3” SS304 Polished Downpipe w/ Flex Joint

3” SS304 Polished Midpipe

SS304 Polished Dump Tube

2 ½” Polished Aluminum IC piping

3” Polished Aluminum Intake Pipe

Boost Logic FMIC Kit

Boost Logic NA-T SS Braided Oil Feed and Return Kit w/ Aeroquip fittings

3” K&and Filter

K&and Breathers

Walbro GSS341 255HP Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit

All necessary clamps and bolts for installation

Note that your Supra must be non-VVTi for this kit to work!

MSRP $4,599.00

Your Price $4,499.00

-------

• 4 weeks later...

i was at one stage looking into doin the N/A-T conversion, and then looked at the TT swap. Both came out more expensive then the new plans, which i hope to start in about 8 weeks. Take a lexus Soarar and a supra, Swap the engines and there you have a 4.3 V8 GT supra. match made in heaven.

likeing the v8 swap, if your lookin for cost effective power try the xspower t61 kit , really cheap and good quality, just fitted a kit to my 94 sz with a simple udsm tt sensor swap and a cheap and easy apexi safc on standard hg and injectors and iv just had the first dyno at 324 , but thers still pleanty of fine tuning to be done , 345 is a verry achiveable target at a low price ,

likeing the v8 swap, if your lookin for cost effective power try the xspower t61 kit , really cheap and good quality, just fitted a kit to my 94 sz with a simple udsm tt sensor swap and a cheap and easy apexi safc on standard hg and injectors and iv just had the first dyno at 324 , but thers still pleanty of fine tuning to be done , 345 is a verry achiveable target at a low price ,

Please dont recommend people fit that cheap tat on there cars.

lol, good luck :p

• 2 months later...
Guest SupraN/A96

Go NA-T:)

It rocks...i'v got 473rwhp at 1.2bar on the dyno and now i'm running 1.5bar with water/meth:D big difference but havent gotten it to the dyno yet to see how big:)

A little teaser:d