The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Rolling Road Day Extravaganza - 24th September

S7EVE

Hey guys, looked like a good day was had by all, lots of banter and hopefully everyone was happy with their outputs.

Steve, well done on orginising it all and even bringing the bbq... give me a shout if I owe you a few quid for the burgers and stuff!!

Sorry I had to shoot off early, my mate's Alfa GTV was crushed under a bus so had to pick him up... he wasn't too happy but now I can persuade him to get a Sup!!

Anyways, I've got about 25 shots of the day, best of a bad bunch I'm afraid, where would it be best to post them up?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home and I'd just like to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone! Really pleased with the turnout and some VERY impressive performances, lets see all the photos :D I will be getting a copy of all the photos from Ian (the one hanging round the models all day!) and will be putting them on a CD for all to have :) I will also be getting a copy of everyone's performance next weekend, however I have a run down of the results, will post up as soon as I have woken up! :)

Once again, Thank-you all!! :cool:

Steve

Just got back in. Thanks alot to Steve for an excellent day, couldn't believe the figures we got - we are absolutley escatic.:yahoo:

Afraid scanner is broke but we got 447.3hp at the fly, 357.7 hp at the wheels on 1.1 bar and that was fuelling rich. Apparently if we sort the fuelling out we could be looking at 460 -470 - guess what my new project is ;)

Some nice pics there Ad!

Here's the run down of results as far as we recorded:

We had over 4,800Bhp in just these 14 cars. Very interesting day, results are :

1. S. Green = 447 - Supra

2. Steve = 443.3 - Supra

3. Trick = 418.7 - Supra

4. Simon = 389 - Supra

5. Cris = 385 - Jag XKR

6. Pete = 365 - Supra

7. Flip = 323 - RX7

8. ISJ = 309.7 - Skyline

9. Burna = 301.6 - Supra

10. Silvershark = 301.4 - Supra

11. BigBro = 240 - Supra mkiii

12. Dave = 220 - Supra NA

13. James = 200 - Sierra

14. Kris = 161.9 - CRX

My results 304bhp at wheels est 365.5bhp at the fly:

http://www.pbarfield.com/supra/rroad_01.jpg

http://www.pbarfield.com/supra/rroad_02.jpg

The tiptronic was a challenge as he couldn't get it to stick in one gear like you can with the Autos by turning off the over drive.

On the graphs above you an see the gear change from 2nd to 3rd at 4000 rpm. As the setup on the dyno was for 3rd gear you can ignore info lower than 4200 rpm.

What I was told - the gear change of the tip box is much faster than normal autos - evidence is the very small blip at gear change. It's running very rich which if sorted could release extra power and improve economy.

The chap at Weston Performance thought mine was a good result for just a decat and exhaust but overall I was left feeling a bit dissapointed with my results hoping for 380 (I blame other members for raising my hopes!). The main thing is that everything is working fine. It's a real shame we couldn't have a full rpm profile to show the vvti influences lower down. Nice to see it staying well above 310bhp all the time too.

I'm open to other interpretations of this data!

Chris is bringing his graphs for the XKR tomorrow.

My results 304bhp at wheels est 365.5bhp at the fly:

[qimg]http://www.pbarfield.com/supra/rroad_01.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://www.pbarfield.com/supra/rroad_02.jpg[/qimg]

The tiptronic was a challenge as he couldn't get it to stick in one gear like you can with the Autos by turning off the over drive.

On the graphs above you an see the gear change from 2nd to 3rd at 4000 rpm. As the setup on the dyno was for 3rd gear you can ignore info lower than 4200 rpm.

What I was told - the gear change of the tip box is much faster than normal autos - evidence is the very small blip at gear change. It's running very rich which if sorted could release extra power and improve economy.

The chap at Weston Performance thought mine was a good result for just a decat and exhaust but overall I was left feeling a bit dissapointed with my results hoping for 380 (I blame other members for raising my hopes!). The main thing is that everything is working fine. It's a real shame we couldn't have a full rpm profile to show the vvti influences lower down. Nice to see it staying well above 310bhp all the time too.

I'm open to other interpretations of this data!

Chris is bringing his graphs for the XKR tomorrow.

You must have left your aircon on Pete :)

Here's mine 418.3 bhp:d at the fly and 350.1 at the wheels.

Lets just say i was very happy with the results as i've spent a huge ammount of time and money on the car this summer and it looks like its paid off. I was very impressed with the setup at Weston performance, i'd recommend the place to anyone.

Also big thanks to Steve for organising a great day.

Apologies I couldn't make it guys, would of love to have seen you all. Not only is my car with Chris Wilson but I have the dreaded man flu, well a horrid fever actually and have been tucked up in bed the last 2 days.

Once again, sorry, I hope you got my message Steve via text and I hope to see you all soon lads and ladies.

All the best and well done with the results. ;)

Cheers, Greg

I was very impressed with the setup at Weston performance, i'd recommend the place to anyone.

Also big thanks to Steve for organising a great day.

Yes, gotta say a HUGE thank-you to Paul @ Western Performance and Greg the chief mechanic for taking over the place for the day :) Thank-you, we will be back next year im sure! ;)

Once again, sorry, I hope you got my message Steve via text and I hope to see you all soon lads and ladies.

Sorry Greg, I did get your message, but was so busy sorting all the stuff out for Sunday I forgot to reply :( Funnily enough I have the Man flu now too! Off to JapShow buddy?

:banghead::bang:

It could only be you Burna... Cruising on the Rolling Road with the Air Con blasting, well at least you weren't sweating :D

It's interesting that you got yours to read at 1.1 bar boost Rich when everyone else was down by 0.1/0.2 bar.

What had you set the boost controller to in the end?

Funny you say that, mine was set as 1.2, but I hit 1.25 on the AVCR, but on his dyno only 1.05!? Weird. I remember someone saying that the measuremnet on the dyno was some way out though.

Your RPM got me Pete - 10000RPM vvti!! Impressive! :D

It's interesting that you got yours to read at 1.1 bar boost Rich when everyone else was down by 0.1/0.2 bar.

What had you set the boost controller to in the end?

I had the boost controller set at 1.15 bar. Peak reading on the AVCR during the run was 1.18bar which was pretty well backed up by the Greddy sensor on my boost gauge. His dyno was definatly reading about 0.5bar boost low, probably due to the 10ft lengh of pipe between the engine and his pressure sensor causing a pressure drop.