The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RHD EL-GLO Dials

supra steveo

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo dude hows it goin? when will you get yours?

ill be fitting mine sometime soon, but im on my c driving course on friday for a week

good stuff mate, you need to be on those mirrors like a rash, let me know who your intrustor is :D you might get the old guys whos ex mil and his wife works in the noble garage( hes good) the first bloke i had wouldnt let you do anything with out comintateing it in the end i told him to shut the fu*$ up ! :D

"on the brakes,check your mirrors, down 2 gears,check your mirrors, ease off the brakes, check your mirrors, acelerate out of the coner running your wheel on the line center of the road and check your mirrors and then check your mirrors" the bloke had a mouth like a duracell bunny

Worth the wait though Steve,I'm more than happy with the quality of these dials :yes:

cool :thumbs:

not long really about a hour and half which includes removing the cluster from the car and the necessary dash panels. The hardest bit for me was the getting the dials on! its takes abit of practise and double sided tape causes a few problems, well worth the effort tho!

Cheers fella,took me abount 2 hours or so.I did'nt use sticky tape to hold them in place but now you come to mention it,i think it would have been easier if i had as they were moving a little as i was re-fitting the black surround part

Did you try to get the needles off to fit the dials? I tried to remove them but they were stubbon to say the least.So rather than damage something i just slid them under the neddles and in to place

Just to confirm,Steve's fitting guide for the wiring on the previous page was spot on :thumbs:

didnt really want to take the needles off because im sure i read somewhere before that they need to be recalibrated and it invloves either using gps to get correct speed or having a mate keep at a fixed speed then putting the needle back on! i stand to be corrected lol. It easy enough to get them on just the fuel/temp was a bit of a nightmare having to deal with two needles lol

hi steve, got the dials earlier this week but havent had a chance to get to a computer. i was just in the middle of taking my dash apart when you called but my phone was in a zipped pocket that got stuck so i couldn't answer it!

i am fitting them now along with a blue led conversion.

cheers bud they look great, cant wait to get them in.

Not a lot i'm afraid to say,all it seems to do on the red dials is make the red a bit more intense when switched to blue setting.

I was hoping it would change to a funky shade of red or something,but not the case on these red one's.

I will add some pics to give people an idea of what i mean:thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.