The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a-tt

miko_supra

i also found out today that if you have a auto loom and a manual fuse box, the starter reelay is different. i tried to turn mine over and it didnt work from the key.

i had to get a wire from the starter to the + and start it that way....

i checked the wire and there was no current from it on crank, traced it back and it goes to the fusebox...its the fat black wire on the plug that needs to be changed over...as in your diagram above (miko)

cant figure it out why?

i also noticed that the relay the black wire goes to says ST on mine (dark grey relay 5 speed manual car) but my loom from the engine was an auto one and also i checked on my other na auto and it has a different relay there...a purple one with starter on it.

so i need to try and figure out tomorrow the difference with them and see how i can get it to work....any help appreciated...:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Storry

Thats an amazing engine swap! :) Say could you list the tools you needed, as my friend and I on considering in doing the same to his in the coming months.

Chris

Thats an amazing engine swap! :) Say could you list the tools you needed, as my friend and I on considering in doing the same to his in the coming months.

Chris

Yeah i'll make a list of everything as i get allot of emails asking these sort of questions...

Parts...

-Complete engine (with loom)

-TT Dial cluster

-TT airbox

-Inlet pipe

-TT power steering reservoir

-Intercooler and piping

-Uprated clutch

-TT igniter pack

-TT ECU

-TT throttle control ECU

Tools...

-Engine crane

-decent chains/straps/rope to lift the engine

-Torque bar

-Blow lamp for difficult nuts and bolts...especially on the exhaust. (although i have heard plus gas is very good.)

-Clutch alignment tool

-Obviously a decent tool box with sockets, spanners etc... definatly get 2 sets of 12mm, 14mm and 17mm spanners as these get used allot.

cheers,

this was put in the FAQ section a while ago

Hi Mate i am just about to fire up my N/A,5sp To TT,6speed Single conversion build.

Can you just clarify what the need for swapping and loosing the blue wire on that plug is? Is it only for Auto's?

I am wiring in twin fuel pumps from my N/A loom with twin 30 amp relays. I know how to wire the relays but need to know trigger wires. i understand the TT has a dual stage voltage for off/on boost but the N/A does not! Does anyone know weather this is done in the ECU? If so i have changed to a standalone AEM will this overcome the problem? i also know the TT has a different fuel pump ecu to the N/a but i am binning this anyway. I have a direct12v feed fused from the battery too.

HELLPPP..please :innocent:

i also found out today that if you have a auto loom and a manual fuse box, the starter relay is different. i tried to turn mine over and it didn't work from the key.

i had to get a wire from the starter to the + and start it that way....

i checked the wire and there was no current from it on crank, traced it back and it goes to the fusebox...its the fat black wire on the plug that needs to be changed over...as in your diagram above (miko)

cant figure it out why?

i also noticed that the relay the black wire goes to says ST on mine (dark Grey relay 5 speed manual car) but my loom from the engine was an auto one and also i checked on my other na auto and it has a different relay there...a purple one with starter on it.

so i need to try and figure out tomorrow the difference with them and see how i can get it to work....any help appreciated...:)

Did you ever suss this??

I have same problem. Figure its down to the Auto having gear interrupt switch but studied wiring diagrams till i am blue and cannot figure it out!

Seems like it could be a case of joining the (4) Yellow to (7) Gray on park/neutral switch but that doesn't work...AAAAAGHHH HElp...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...