The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Technocraft built TRD3000GT

Jellybean

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to resurface the thread..(but now we can see what is the real deal).

but you see my vin is diffo to yours..

the blue one is GEnuine factory build TRD3000 only 35 made..

yours is a conversion like my old black one was...

this is my VIN - JA810-0013

anyway you still got a nice car but am beggining to think how many supras NON TRD3000 have had the TRD stamp just fitter after kit..fitment ??

Thanks Jurgen,

Did u get a blue TRD SUPRA?

I have all Documents at home only problem they are in Japanese, so its not the easiest language to figure out. (Two folders full)

From what I gather my car was done by TRD Japan in 2002 and the car was factory built in 1993. She is arriving this week, so I will take a good look at the VIN plate and quality of body work.

I wonder if I ordered the TRD Kit from Japan Tomorrow do u get a vin plate with the kit or does the car only receive a TRD VIN plate if the car was put together by TRD Japan or TRD USA, depending on if the car was TRD built from scratch or kit was fitted at a later stage this is indicated by the VIN plate Type 1, Type 2 as you described?

Thanks Jurgen,

Did u get a blue TRD SUPRA?

I have all Documents at home only problem they are in Japanese, so its not the easiest language to figure out. (Two folders full)

From what I gather my car was done by TRD Japan in 2002 and the car was factory built in 1993. She is arriving this week, so I will take a good look at the VIN plate and quality of body work.

I wonder if I ordered the TRD Kit from Japan Tomorrow do u get a vin plate with the kit or does the car only receive a TRD VIN plate if the car was put together by TRD Japan or TRD USA, depending on if the car was TRD built from scratch or kit was fitted at a later stage this is indicated by the VIN plate Type 1, Type 2 as you described?

nice one...

yes my guy in japan says if you buy TRD kit you and get it fitted by TRD you get Vin plate too and you can use any number you want..for it.

so i think my black one i had and your car is just replicas but the black TRD one i had you could not tell it was replica by looking at fitments it was that good..

yes bought a blue one check for sale section

there was only 35 made from new..

what you have to remember is if TRD only had 35 limited places and the car was built in 1993 but kit made in 2002.

in them 9 year or so am sure they would have made all 35 due to its unique oppurtunity..

but anyway like i said you wont be able to tell mate.

but the original TRD have vins like mine is on the blue one.

But remeber they didnt start making them till 1998 to celebrate the GT-C Japanese racing series wins, so 35 cars over 4 years does sound plausable mine could be no.26

nice one...

yes my guy in japan says if you buy TRD kit you and get it fitted by TRD you get Vin plate too and you can use any number you want..for it.

so i think my black one i had and your car is just replicas but the black TRD one i had you could not tell it was replica by looking at fitments it was that good..

yes bought a blue one check for sale section

there was only 35 made from new..

But surely if the car was built by TRD wheather it was from new or at a later stage I would expect the quality of fitment to be the same but I understand what you are saying, the cars are not one of the orignal 35 but from my perspective if my car was built in 2002 by TRD and the orginal 35 where built in 1998 by TRD then I have a newer car with the only difference between an orignal TRD 35 and mine is a VIN Plate but mine has newer components and the same build/fitment quality with TRD Genuine Parts

Cant see Blue car in your for sale section only see purple/ blue do luck supra and the white top secret one?

But surely if the car was built by TRD wheather it was from new or at a later stage I would expect the quality of fitment to be the same but I understand what you are saying, the cars are not one of the orignal 35 but from my perspective if my car was built in 2002 by TRD and the orginal 35 where built in 1998 by TRD then I have a newer car with the only difference between an orignal TRD 35 and mine is a VIN Plate but mine has newer components and the same build/fitment quality with TRD Genuine Parts

Cant see Blue car in your for sale section only see purple/ blue do luck supra and the white top secret one?

its not the same...

only 35 were made these are original from factory..same vin as my blue one..

your black one and my black one were just copies but still made to the highest order..BUT they are Not genuine originals.

this TRD blue one i have, even if yours was made in 2002 will still not be better condition...than the blue one or be priced at the same bracket as its not a factory original.

clodola, dont take the post in wrong way am just trying to explain about the original TRD am not saying you dont have nice car becuase i know its nice.. its just not an original.

Dont worry I understand where you are coming from about the 35 orignals, and I know I get passonate about my car but I just find it hard to comprehend how people can justify if the two cars are made in the same factory by the same technicians with the same materials, one car is built better than the other. To me any how it just doesnt make any logical sense but I can understand the price difference due to limited number of orginals, even though they are the same car you are paying for the history and heritage that comes with the GT-C Race wins the orignal 35 where built to pay homage to

P.s. Was looking on JM IMPORTS website (like the black RX7)

Dont worry I understand where you are coming from about the 35 orignals, and I know I get passonate about my car but I just find it hard to comprehend how people can justify if the two cars are made in the same factory by the same technicians with the same materials, one car is built better than the other. To me any how it just doesnt make any logical sense but I can understand the price difference due to limited number of orginals, even though they are the same car you are paying for the history and heritage that comes with the GT-C Race wins the orignal 35 where built to pay homage to

P.s. Was looking on JM IMPORTS website (like the black RX7)

yep i agree mate.

the black rex is nice arrives in march sold to UK guy in based germany forces

Guest dangerousandy
This is the full text, as I read it it refers to both

SW20 TRD2000GT - it is under this heading

In 1998, Toyota Racing Development [2] offered an official kit body conversion and tuning program for MR2 owners to transform their existing SW20 MR2 into a widebody TRD2000GT kit replica car. This was to pay homage to the wins by their TRD2000GTs in the GT-C Japanese racing series, the TRD2000GT racing series cars were based on the SW20 floorpan. Toyota also did the same with their Supra Twin Turbo model, offering a conversion service to transform these cars into a TRD3000GT [3].

In order to ensure exclusivity, a high price tag was charged and total of just 35 factory car conversions were completed by Toyota Technocraft Ltd. Each official Technocraft car converted was made using lightweight fibreglass components (in place of heavy steel original parts: front fenders, trunk lid extension, rear quarter panels, gas door, front and rear bumpers, 3-piece wing) and re-classified as completely new cars (with their own specially numbered TRD vin plate riveted to the body to indicate their authenticity and rarity).

Only 3 complete Toyota Technocraft Ltd. cars are known to have been shipped into Europe with only 10 complete cars allocated to TRD USA for the entire American market. This makes these officially built Toyota Technocraft Ltd. The car track width is extended and body dimensions dramatically changing the cars overall visuals, giving the car a "supercar" look, and also better handling and weight reduction. Very little is known about these cars outside of Japan.

Puzzling Question

Also another point I an puzzled about is the part Aero bonnet hood 53311-JA800 associated with the kit does not accept the TRD Strut Brace, this is indicated on TRD Website but I see cars on Web claim to be authentic with the Strut Brace fitted but why would TRD say it doesnt fit???? Just I was wondering why my car didnt have one

TRD SITE : SUPRA JZA80 Front

2JZ-GTE exclusive 53607-JA810 H 26,000 2-point support, steel Can't install with Aero Hood (53311-JA800)

Link: http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_towerbar.html

And there is only one aero hood on the Officaial TRD Site

I think they are refering to the UK-spec type bonnet (hood) as the scoop would hit the strut brace when the bonnet closes. The TRD bonnet was designed to accept the strut brace as per 3000GT.

Hi clodola, How about some pictures of your car? If you are just using that picture of one in the USA in your avatar and not pretending that its yours then lets see this Number 26 TRD in the metal so we can all drool:eyebrows:

I have pics of my car in Japan in my garage and pic of my TRD Plate no.26 (I will just double check), but you will have to wait another few days for more pics, car arrived in docks last night, she will look like avatar by Feb 16th except with VOLK GTC FACE 2 Wheels, have all pieces Wheels, Clear indicators, facelift headlights, Whifbitz products as Paul will verify considering the hassle we had with TNT (Dont Ask -- 8 Weeks to ship product from UK to Ireland CRAZY)

I was goin to go with Volk GTC Face 2

Front 19 X 9.5

Rear 19 X10.5

Thais is as big as they go in 19"

They wont be wide enough on the rear, mines only got a copy Trd kit on it but im running 11.5" wide rears

Get a set of Work Equips job done (same as my avatar)

They wont be wide enough on the rear, mines only got a copy Trd kit on it but im running 11.5" wide rears

Get a set of Work Equips job done (same as my avatar)

Already purchased VOLK, seen them on Black R34 GTR Skyline in the flesh that why I wanted them, beautiful wheel. They looked the part on R34

But thats what I have

19" Front 9.5 , Rear 10.5 but hopefully the correct offset they fit flush with the arches and look the part, will know soon enough though

Also anything after 10.5 and tyres start to get very pricy plus I am not too crazy about design of Work Equip wheels and they are more $$, just wanted 5 spoke wheel with a deep a dish as possible, R34 looked amazing

small.JPG

Already purchased VOLK, seen them on Black R34 GTR Skyline in the flesh that why I wanted them, beautiful wheel. They looked the part on R34

But thats what I have

19" Front 9.5 , Rear 10.5 but hopefully the correct offset they fit flush with the arches and look the part, will know soon enough though

Also anything after 10.5 and tyres start to get very pricy plus I am not too crazy about design of Work Equip wheels and they are more $$, just wanted 5 spoke wheel with a deep a dish as possible, R34 looked amazing

Thats cool mate, hope they fit the arch's and look the bizznes for you :)

I'll have to get one of those vin plates made up :D only kidding ;)

Just had a look at your Garage, Dont think my photos do it justice. The photo of the rear looks amazing, I am like a kid at christmas cant wait to see it , cant even concentrate on work all week

Nearly had a heart attack this mornin though, heard on the radio a boat was hit by a rogue wave last night (mine is suppose to arrive last night), but it ok it was a ferry (Everybody is ok) , can laugh about it now

Just had a look at your Garage, Dont think my photos do it justice. The photo of the rear looks amazing, I am like a kid at christmas cant wait to see it , cant even concentrate on work all week

Nearly had a heart attack this mornin though, heard on the radio a boat was hit by a rogue wave last night (mine is suppose to arrive last night), but it ok it was a ferry (Everybody is ok) , can laugh about it now

The best thing about the Trd kit is it still keeps the same lines as the stock mkiv. Just bigger :)

Glad it wasn't the ship youre car is on :)