The mkiv Supra Owners Club

quickest way to tell a UK TT from a JSpec TT?

Sisky

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

big brakes - got

mph speedo - got

17" oe wheels - got

dildo - none - thank god :D

jspec, so much faster and lighter

How about proper glass headlights instead of yellow plastic ones?

Or a rear diff cooler?

Proper metal exh turbine blades that don't come unstuck through the exh pipe?

larger A/R ratio that allows lower EGTs at prolonged full throttle?

Larger capacity fuel pump?

550cc injectors (mapped properly from the factory too)?

:innocent:....the list goes on.......:D

if a JSpec TT has a bonnet scoop and leather seats retro-fiited whats the quickest and most foolproof way to tell that its not a genuine UK car??

The attitude of the owner. :p Tell them that UK cars are fat and lardy, if they respond with everything that John A just said, it's a UK model. :thumbs:

HTH

... but they changed their tune when they learnt it was a UK.

...and there lies the catch.

Just because they are 'dealers' and want your custom doesn't mean that you want to trust them.

Doesn't mean that they know the car

Doesn't mean they have 'inside' information

Alas no....;)

first off my Jap spec doesnt have budget plastic seats in the rear they are full leather and as long as it has that beautifull JZA80 engine with two turbos bolted to it i hardly think Rear lights, Bonnet scoops, Light washers, and size or shape or reg plates makesa difference. oh and jap spec supras are obviously better because thats where there from lol

Just look at the drivers sun visors - if it has english writing on it then its a UK Spec, if the writing is Japanese - its a JSpec. (Unless someone can prove otherwise)

mine is j-spec but all little stickers and such are in english, seem to remember the sunvisor also being english :p its an odd world :D

Headlamp washer button on dashboard, stylish J-Spec owners sometimes fit the exclusive UK washers to gain extra status in the community but they rarely go as far as fitting the plumbing and the button to operate them.

You might also want to check for the outside temp button on the clock.

The traction control button and plate on the throttle body say something different on the J-Spec cars I believe?

Heated seat buttons on dash, proper leather rear seats instead of budget plastic on the J-Spec.

Visible MAF vs MAP on J-Spec

And so on...

Ha, ha, show me 1 J-Spec owner that has ever fitted the light washers to their car....:eyebrows:

Best bet would be to check for heated seat buttons as everything else on here that people have mentioned could have been swapped, rear lights, front lights, UK bonnet scoopes....even added coolers......but dash board heated seat buttons, people just wouldnt....

I mean mine is half UK now, with UK glass headlights, UK bonnet scoop......and with Hybrids, I suppose Im leaning more to UK then J-Spec, just need those pesky 550's.....;)

The bonnet scoop on UKSpec is functional.

So if you look under the bonnet there is a matching air passage sticking out from the engine.

None of the 'addon' scoops I've seen go all the way - in fact some don't even cut through the bonnet!

I've supplied quite a few complete sets of UK bonnet scoops and all fittings.