The mkiv Supra Owners Club

quickest way to tell a UK TT from a JSpec TT?

Sisky

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bonnet scoop on UKSpec is functional.

So if you look under the bonnet there is a matching air passage sticking out from the engine.

None of the 'addon' scoops I've seen go all the way - in fact some don't even cut through the bonnet!

I would have had all the gubbins but I have a strut brace so not much point.....

Best bet would be to check for heated seat buttons as everything else on here that people have mentioned could have been swapped, rear lights, front lights, UK bonnet scoopes....even added coolers......but dash board heated seat buttons, people just wouldnt....

Don't the GZs have heated seats?

Easiest distant visual way is check the rear light cluster. If the 2 red lenses are next to each other, it's J-spec. Very few owners bother with a UK rear light conversion.

Edit: Mental note, don't leave the keyboard for extend periods of time after starting a reply before hitting 'post' :D

I would have had all the gubbins but I have a strut brace so not much point.....

The whole bonnet scoop function is a bit of a moot point outside autobahns.

You'd need to sustain full boost for quite some time before it comes into play. This is jailtime nowadays (if at all possible with all this traffic)

So it's nowhere near as important as the bigger brakes for example.

As for the dildii --- they are for the laydeez:eyebrows:, design-wise daft and prone to damage.

first off my Jap spec doesnt have budget plastic seats in the rear they are full leather and as long as it has that beautifull JZA80 engine with two turbos bolted to it i hardly think Rear lights, Bonnet scoops, Light washers, and size or shape or reg plates makesa difference. oh and jap spec supras are obviously better because thats where there from lol

Did you put leather seats in the rear or are you just rubbish at telling the difference between "leather look" vinyl and real leather.;)

usually tell if its a uk speck, if it has the difference tail lights

Top one is uk spec

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4a21d22753.jpg

mines a UK spec...;)

I think nowadays its the really small things that show its a UK spec car, as Michael says the headlamp washer button is a giveaway as is the traction control button. Heated seats can be retro fitted, mine has the bonnet vent but no ducting to go with it as Im single turbo. So no easy way really.

JB

DSC_0505.jpg