The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where are we going next Month?

Matt H

I'll be coming to the next meet wherever it is :D.. I've missed the past couple because Monday’s are work meeting nights for me unfortunately (sorry Matt) but i won't be missing the next one that’s for sure ;) I agree that the monthly supra meet should be different day to mascrat so people have the choice. I disagree with what Mascrat did 100% but the way i see it, i was using them for the free car parking and use of the toilets. I only bought things on a rare occasion :) They'd be lucky if they got a glass of coke out of me... I'll probably go back because i have friends with different jap cars that go and it's nice to catch up, but i won't be buying anything on principal.. :devil:

Anyway.... What's next then?.. Is it the Blackpool run or is there a mini-meet before hand?

Rob. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we have lots of sugestions of places in the same area, has anyone got any ideas for places further south for people line Linda or Ray?

or even over the M61/62 coridor?

Or without upsetting people - and to try and keep the balance - anywhere further North, we are at the southern edge of the North west catchment are as it is. There are a lot of members around Lancaster who felt that Mascrat was too far south long ago. :search: If Mascrat is still an option then it only seems right that any other event is further to the North.

Mike

I'll be coming to the next meet wherever it is :D.. I've missed the past couple because Monday’s are work meeting nights for me unfortunately (sorry Matt) but i won't be missing the next one that’s for sure ;) I agree that the monthly supra meet should be different day to mascrat so people have the choice. I disagree with what Mascrat did 100% but the way i see it, i was using them for the free car parking and use of the toilets. I only bought things on a rare occasion :) They'd be lucky if they got a glass of coke out of me... I'll probably go back because i have friends with different jap cars that go and it's nice to catch up, but i won't be buying anything on principal.. :devil:

Anyway.... What's next then?.. Is it the Blackpool run or is there a mini-meet before hand?

Rob. :D

Steb has a post up in the North West for a pre meet on the 27th.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Or without upsetting people - and to try and keep the balance - anywhere further North, we are at the southern edge of the North west catchment are as it is. There are a lot of members around Lancaster who felt that Mascrat was too far south long ago. :search: If Mascrat is still an option then it only seems right that any other event is further to the North.

Mike

lancaster meet? :p

preston meet would be good aswell ... i get scared when i go past preston .... full of southerners ;)

i need to show off my new exhaust gizmo:D

Well i think the fair thing is like Mike suggests,

Probably about junction 26 would be the best location for a second meet

As in Pemberton, Wigan?? J26??

There will have to be a minimum speed limit round that neck of the woods or your wheels will vanish!!:D

Oh and I used to live there before anyone gets arsey!!

H.

So go on then whats going on this month :) Would like to get one meet in before my car goes to Michel's :( To get my gearbox fitted :D

Well i think the plan is too have two meets, one at Mascrat on the second monday of the month as per tradition and then the second....ummmmmm... somwhere at some time ;)

Well i think the plan is too have two meets, one at Mascrat on the second monday of the month as per tradition and then the second....ummmmmm... somwhere at some time ;)

That's pretty much the size of it. My apologies for being a little tardy in suggesting anywhere else for the second meet. I've been snowed under at work. So let's see what happens.

Mike

FFS, the whole thread has been about trying to find somewhere in the middle ground!!

Actually Matt if you factor in people like Paul Mac some of them are coming from junc 37 M6 plus its a bloody long way to the motorway in some cases. TBH i don't think that you will ever please everyone! I just think that a "GOOD" place should be found somewhere ish in the middle even if that was Junction 28 (Leyland/Preston) or Junction 23. I think that people will still come especially when we start coming back into spring and summer (whatever they are)

So go on why don't we start suggesting :)

It will be interesting to see who turns up at Mascrat on Monday :)

slightly off topic.....

just been having a 'proper' look at H's avtar and its cracking me up :D:respekt::rlol:

Why dont you alternate between one venue further south towards manchester one month and another further north the next, then everyone gets a fair crack. Even though peeps only get to meet once every couple of months at least its fair??:search:

tbh, most 'regions' covered by our club have the same problems. I know Midlands stretches over a wide east/west swathe so if your in a far corner its difficult :(:cry: But then it depends how much you want to meet up with your supra mates ;)

Linda

xx