The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who will Drive there pride and Joy in the winter...

suprafan72

Who will be driving there pride and joy in winter..  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be driving there pride and joy in winter..

• Yes occasionally (But have a second car)
    • Yes... (Daredevils)
    • No... (The beast will retire for Winter) and you'll have second car..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much fun not driving in the wet. Gets ye olde adrenaline pumping as well as the rectum..[/quote

I came out of a car wash on Friday after work. Road was busy but dry so I put the foot down to get in between traffic. Unfortunately the tyres were still wet from the wash and I was all over the place. It would have been fun if I were expecting it!

Mine will be used like usual, 50 miles a day :( oh well, least I wont miss driving the car ;) Winter its all about looking good, summer about looking good and driving hard! lol :)

The only time I wont drive mine is in the snow as if it snows only a few inches I know I wont get the Supra back on the drive and she's likely to get hit if she isn't :(

Do any of the winter users bother chaning to winter tyres or are good summer tyres with loads of tread acceptable ?

Eagle F1s all year and RLTC with a strict wet setting for good measure.

Mine will only be out if it's dry and there's minimal salt on the roads! :)

I saw only one lot of salt last winter.

Guest DaveWilko

Its my daily driver and my only car (when I find a buyer for the Golf GTi) so yes though not looking forward to snow. I had a Nissan 200 a few years ago and couldn't get into my drive with a few inches of snow. And it only had 235 tyres on the back! Have a look at 'My garage' if you want to see why lol

Hi. I'm looking for my first supra. just want to ask. are they THAT crazy that a lot of drivers are scared to drive them in wet/snow conditions. i've currently got a RWD car. and i understand that you can't drive fast in the snow. but are supra's so powerful that you cant drive it softly/carefuly. thanks in advance