SUPRA DRAG racing times

MONKEYmark

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets see here well we were the first with an IRS Supra for alot of these times so Ill post em up:

First in the 11's anywhere

First in the 10's with an NA/T anywhere

First in the 8's anywhere and took 3 years for anyone to catch us.

Best currently is 8.17@174

Come on 7's :)

Just thought I would chime in :)

Ben

Lets see here well we were the first with an IRS Supra for alot of these times so Ill post em up:

Ben

You guys are lucky in the US...you've got plenty of well funded tracks with good facilities and properly prepped tracks.

We've got 2-3 half arsed tracks which don't get prepped and seem to attract more Ford Focus's than anything decent...

Ben

Yup, looks like were well and truely beaten here, also our forums are shite with no bandwidth for pic sigs and only 250 pm's.

I'm off to shoot myself.:uk:

:( now I feel bad for chiming in .

Don't feel bad - just explaining that our times are shite in comparison to almost everyone's in the USA! So there's not a lot of point in competing if you see what I mean...we wish we could though.

Not verified but got this through my mail this morning...

Titan Motorsports breaks 7's with Toyota Supra

Titan Motorsports, a sponsor of the annual TX2k event went there with a

new combination and on a roll to set new milestones and records. The

dyno day was held on Friday which would be the first competition of the

event that would display horsepower and combination choices of

different tuners. Since the release of the Titan engine program which

consists of built shortblocks and cylinder heads that are mail ordered

anywhere in the world a significant rise in average horsepower at the

TX2k event has occurred. The dyno day had Titan engine components in

the top 5 placing 2JZ's. With average horsepower over 1000 on Titan

Engines.

The show and shine was a day to relax and the Titan Motorsports staff

was pleased to communicate with new and old customers at the event and

answer questions about Titan and the parts and services offered.

The drag day was the day everyone looks forward to, the day that caps

off the 4 day event. Held on Sunday Titan Motorsports ran in the top

dog unlimited class. With the first run going 8.3 and putting the team

firmly in the #1 qualifying spot. The 2nd qualifying session is what

everyone looked forward to. Kean Wang running a Titan Stroker in his

Boost Logic Supra would go 8.1 to take the #1 qualifier but that

wouldn't last but a few minutes when the Titan Supra went 7.94 @ 181 to

be the first car at the annual TX2k event to break into the 7's and a

first for Team Titan's Supra to go 7's with pilot Gary White.

Gary White will be driving the 2004 Toyota Celica Pro RWD Car this

weekend at Moroso Motorsports Park in his NHRA Pro RWD debut.

Congratulations to Ryan Woon 8.70, Cody Phillips 8.89, Kean Wang 8.0,

Ian Polan 8.5, Jamie Carter 909rwhp, Dana Westover 1140rwhp, and many

others running Titan engine components.

Not verified but got this through my mail this morning...

Titan Motorsports breaks 7's with Toyota Supra

Yep this was at last month TX2K6 meet in Texas. Boostligic took the win notching up about 6 8.1sec runs....talk about consistant. The Titan car broke after running the 7.94 I believe.

updated a new supra szr N/A owner.

07. 16.497 @ 79.92 mph SpikeSJZ (SZR 5) JAP (Santapod????) 60ft 2.295 330ft 6.700 1/8 10.419 1/8 mph 64.93 1000ft 13.636 de-catted, HKS induction, RSR exhaust

below is a message from spike asking about his 2 timeslips.

do you think you could explain to me what each bit means on a timing sheet i have two here that i did last sat some of the times are good compared to others on the site but some are crap and i dont understand it as in how can you have a faster time with slower speed???

reaction .824

60 ft 2.295

330 ft 6.700

1/8 10.419

1/8 mph 64.93

1000 ft 13.636

1/4 et 16.497

1/4 mph 79.92

reaction .335

60 ft 2.969

330 ft 7.472

1/8 11.097

1/8 mph 66.66

1000 ft 14.139

1/4 et 16.813

1/4 mph 87.09

i was in N/A supra with 2 de-cat & rsr hks induction so what went wrong if you can shed any light on it be much appreciated

many thanks

spike

to me looks like your best time you got a lot better start on your 60foot time.you need to concentrate on getting a good launch.your 60 foot time has beat a few twin turbo supras.what was your shifting like.as some times you can change too early or leave in gear too long.not sure how come your slower time has a faster mph.

welcome to the drag list.now you have something to work from.see your supra one of the szr light weight supra N/A.you tried taking out excess weight out as every little helps.maybe if you get into it try some drag radials and line lock.

• 3 weeks later...

updated rays new time with nos.sure made a big difference to your time.imaging what you could do with drag radials and an uprated torque convertor. well done on your times.

any info on your nos set up for others.when you use it.is it on full throttle.you picked up 12mph.beat a few tt times and you got a good 60ft time too.updated your 60 foot time too straight in at number 8

new time

01. 13.732 @ 101.12 mph Rays The Roof 60ft 2.042 330ft 5.781 1/8 et 8.846 1/8 mph 80.08 mph 990ft et 11.425 (SZ auto) JAP (S/county) cat back exhaust + NOS

old time

05. 15.75 @ 89 mph Rays The Roof (SZ auto) JAP (Santapod) stock apart from cat back aftermarket exhaust

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark can you update 3 things for me mate. Has been a productive weekend at last.

1. 1/4 mile times for Hybrid turbos - 12.15 - (auto) J-Spec (hybrids) (Redline Rumble Santa Pod 2006) 16" ET Streets (TC 3800)

2. THOR Dyno RHHP - 451.3 with 422.8 ft/lb torque

3. 60 ft time 1.85

Dyno chart here - http://website.lineone.net/~jmoat/Pod/justin_dyno.jpg

Timeslip here - http://website.lineone.net/~jmoat/Pod/timeslip.jpg

Cheers bud

Hi Mark can you update 3 things for me mate. Has been a productive weekend at last.

1. 1/4 mile times for Hybrid turbos - 12.15 - (auto) J-Spec (hybrids) (Redline Rumble Santa Pod 2006) 16" ET Streets (TC 3800)

2. THOR Dyno RHHP - 451.3 with 422.8 ft/lb torque

3. 60 ft time 1.85

Dyno chart here - http://website.lineone.net/~jmoat/Pod/justin_dyno.jpg

Timeslip here - http://website.lineone.net/~jmoat/Pod/timeslip.jpg

Cheers bud

hi justin updated all your times and pics and charts,enjoy.if you have a pic of your car on net send link and will put that in when u click on your name like i have done on a few other peoples names.

so close on your 11`s

look at mine and your times where we are up certain parts of track time and speed wise.what boost was you running to get your time and how you prep car.what spec u running when racing.reset ecu,pull headlight,race fuel,line lock,power braking lauch rpm.full weight? when you driving do you shift manual or leave in drive.you shift to redline.stripped any weight.you run sequential or ttc.

just curious as suppose other may be intrested too.i think its good to compare see if the numbers add up right.you have plenty of power on your dyno.would have thought you would have a trap of somwhere close to 120mph for the power.

good to see it all working for you after your setbacks.

see there is nothing in it

11.962 @ 114.17 mph MONKEY 60ft 1.730 330ft 4.964 1/8et 7.660 1/8 mph 91.11 mph 1000ft 9.924 17" BFG`s @1bar (SEQ) (TC 4000)

12.154 @ 111.95 mph Justin M 60ft 1.858 330ft 5.138 1/8et 7.850 1/8 mph 90.92 mph 1000ft 10.115 16" ET streets + hybrids (TC 3800)

hi justin updated all your times and pics and charts,enjoy.if you have a pic of your car on net send link and will put that in when u click on your name like i have done on a few other peoples names.

so close on your 11`s

look at mine and your times where we are up certain parts of track time and speed wise.what boost was you running to get your time and how you prep car.what spec u running when racing.reset ecu,pull headlight,race fuel,line lock,power braking lauch rpm.full weight? when you driving do you shift manual or leave in drive.you shift to redline.stripped any weight.you run sequential or ttc.

just curious as suppose other may be intrested too.i think its good to compare see if the numbers add up right.you have plenty of power on your dyno.would have thought you would have a trap of somwhere close to 120mph for the power.

good to see it all working for you after your setbacks.

see there is nothing in it

11.962 @ 114.17 mph MONKEY 60ft 1.730 330ft 4.964 1/8et 7.660 1/8 mph 91.11 mph 1000ft 9.924 17" BFG`s @1bar (SEQ) (TC 4000)

12.154 @ 111.95 mph Justin M 60ft 1.858 330ft 5.138 1/8et 7.850 1/8 mph 90.92 mph 1000ft 10.115 16" ET streets + hybrids (TC 3800)

This is how I raced mate:

Did 3 runs and got 12.1 each time

OD off

TRAC fuse out

Burnout in L and 2nd

Launch and left it in D

The front brakes (6 Pot AP's) were being beaten at around 3200 rpm so had to rush my start and wasn't 100% spooled up so could improve there

Boost 1.6bar

Fuel - Optimax (would like to try race fuel)

Air filter in cold air stream (where stock SMIC would be)

Blitz FMIC

UK Injectors with SAFC (think this needs tweeking)

Boost controller (don't really need that)

Blitz Access ECU

3800 TC

Transmission cooler with fan

Bit puzzled about trap speed being so low as you say agreed.