The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SUPRA DRAG racing times

MONKEYmark

updated new time for m/l in his new single.

13. 12.716 @ 116 mph Michel L Car pic - Timeslip UK (T78 + 720cc + AEM) (T6) (York dragstrip) 60 ft 2.287 1/8 et 8.457 1/8 mph 90.220

also found some pics from last york dragstrip event 28th August 2005

check out some good pics. its a vauxhall site but they got a load of pics some of tims gtr too

york dragstrip 28th August 2005

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heres a few RWD times from other cars at last york dragstrip if anyone wants to see what other cars are running. click on the 1/4 times to see there full runs they have made. also click on car type for a pic of the cars where available. the polo is intresting and the f150 supercharger.

T21 Shahid

MR2 2.0l T78 turbo

60ft 1.807 [email protected]

T60 Mark K

MK indy 1137 honda blackbird

60ft 2.137 [email protected]

T55 Peter F

mazda rx7 2.6 turbo

60ft 2.084 [email protected]

T83 Steven R

polo coupe 1.8l mid engine

60ft 2.196 [email protected]

T99 Esaz d / Nazim U

honda crx 2.0l turbo

60ft 2.239 [email protected]

T85 Lee h

sierra cosworth 2.0l turbo (rwd)

60ft 2.250 [email protected]

T18 Richie s

MR2 gts 2.0l turbo (stock)

60ft 2.065 [email protected]

T16 Fizz (1st time racing)

MR2 2.0l turbo

60ft 1.989 [email protected]

T88 paul h

Ford f150 5.4l supercharged

60ft 2.208 [email protected]

T23 David d

nova gte 2.0l turbo

60ft 2.449 [email protected]

heres some others

A11 Legan K L NG/Bao T

fiat cinque 899cc

60ft 2.903 [email protected]

A25 Glover L

toyota yaris 998cc

60ft 2.862 [email protected]

B110 Brigsy

renault 5 gt turbo 1.4l

60ft 2.570 [email protected]

D111 Don K

TVR sagaris 4.0l (standard)

60ft 2.202 12.773 115.000

V57 Daz C

VW beetle 2.0l

60ft 1.672 [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
I was drag racing again today. Only done 1 run due to spark plug problem, Run was done full interiour with 1 passenger.

Car had 16 inch Mickey T dot approved street radials on the back.

I ran a 11.8@118mph with a 1.9 60ft time.

Time Slip

Me in my car

Link to Crail raceway Run number 85

K.

hi have updated your times,also done 60ft list too and put a pic of your car when you click your name.

your 60ft has come down and your mph has too

well done

are your tyres M/T et streets or M/T drag radials

how did you find launching on new tyres. you do a good burnout.also do you have a line lock yet?

Hi, Thanks for Updating that.

The 60foot time felt good, But i think with more runs i would have got it down even more, I barely heated the tyres up, Didnt do a burnout either, Wasnt to sure how to launch them on my first run, And im afraid i only got one run due to a spark plug melting around 8/10s of the way up the strip, I coasted over the line of gas..... I think this is the main reason my terminal was down, As it felt a very fast run.

I was really disapointed only getting one run, As i knew i could have went faster had i ditched my passenger and extra weight the car was carrying and some trim/sterio equipment.

I have a line lock kit for the car, Its not fitted yet though, Same as my Wizards of nos Kit :eyebrows:

I had MT ET streets, Im not sure on launching on them as i only done it once properly, They took out nearly all my wheelspin on the start without even heating them right up, The last time i was racing with Toyo Proxs i was spinning the lenth of the quarter mile if i went gun-ho on the gas.

I did find at the end of the strip when i slammed the brakes on a bit tricky, maybe down to me having the big KAD's but the weight shifted forward and the back end went light and im sure the sidewall started to flex badly, I even told my passenger to hold on as i thought it was going to spin...

You really need to brake hard at Crail, As at the end of the strip's the sea and there isnt much room in between, You either need to scrub your speed very fast or take a really bad corner fast.

Cars almost fixed, Just need to get new plugs, at a colder rating, Then i will be down the Pod on the 9th of October to see how it runs on that surface.

K.

Very proud of my car this weekend. 200 miles round trip and 6 goes at the ¼ mile the engine was still purring…

The best I managed at Santa Pod :-

Reaction = +0.410

60 ft = 2.229

330 ft = 5.890

1/8 ET = 8.730

1/8 MPH = 87.35

1000’ ET = 11.091

¼ ET = 13.178

¼ MPH = 111.10

BPU @ 1.2 bar

Stock turbos, ECU, intercooler & wheels.

The track was fairly slippery and grip was a big issue, even managing a squeak of the tyres when I changed into 4th gear !

Some of the cars I beat included:-

350 BHP EVO6

380 BHP MR2

BMW 750 with Nos

300ZX TT

…..oh and a turquoise Fiat Punto :thanku:

I have done the drag strip in total 12 times now and only ever been beaten by a 4.5L TVR ! How fantastic is the supra, not bad for a 11 year old car with a couple of mods eh !?!?

how much for a set. seriously thinking about getting some for next year.

what could i roughly reduce my 60 ft times to ? and overall times ?

At the mo my best is 2.19 secs - don't laugh!

think i got a pair for £300

they can knock of up to 1/2 second off your times.

best 60 foot on street tyres i have done was 2.050 at santapod

with drag radials new torque convertor and line lock and fuel pump. i did a best of 1.730.not sure what its like launching a manual.

put big strain on the stock autobox and rear diff dont they tho mark?
yes they grippy as hell. you cant expect to launch at 2000 rpm and get a decent 60 foot or 1/4 time. just depends how far you want to go.

when you drive car hard there is always a chance of breaking something. but when you up the boost there is always the chance you will blow the turbos.

Been to Shakespeare County Raceway and managed to beat my previous best of 13.5, by getting a 13.357 @ 108.14 mph!

Heres the slip

Reaction 0.27435

60ft 2.291

330ft 5.91

MPH 1 85.90

660ft 8.78720

990ft 11.198

MPH 2 108.14

1320ft 13.357

Car is j-spec auto with BPU @ 1 bar and stock smic :)

Nice Haydn.

For comparison to our times, they're hitting 11.0's @ 117+ in the US now on stock turbos and are even in the 10s with NOS! Damn those laggy turbos ;)

suppose there is more supras over there too.with better track set ups.i think it could be possible over here in time.i really think you could push jap stockers to a mid 11 at best maybe a little better with NOS.strip a bit of weight. not sure about uk cars with turbos and extra weight.

updated your times haydn you getting there. it took me ages to get in 12`s kept going and knocking a couple of tenths off.

suppose there is more supras over there too.with better track set ups.i think it could be possible over here in time.i really think you could push jap stockers to a mid 11 at best maybe a little better with NOS.strip a bit of weight. not sure about uk cars with turbos and extra weight.

What do you mean, in this country? People here are just not serious enough when it comes to drag racing and dont have the ideal setup for drag racing, it doesnt matter about 'UK turbos or weight' because thats what the US cars are running with! :giveup:

What do you mean, in this country? People here are just not serious enough when it comes to drag racing and dont have the ideal setup for drag racing, it doesnt matter about 'UK turbos or weight' because thats what the US cars are running with! :giveup:
even uk/us cars have differences.im sure they not identical cars. we can only go with what we see in the uk. fastest supra does 9.95 most supras run in mid 13`s

there seems to be lots of intrest in times.who knows whats going off in uk with supras. im sure if you into stripping a bit of weight it can help loads.did my PB on full weight at 1bar with sticky tyres. with shedding some weight it will help launching with less weight.the supra as standard is a heavy car to get off line.

i know you always look to america.it is great to see they took it so far.

lets hope for better over here

even uk/us cars have differences.im sure they not identical cars. we can only go with what we see in the uk. fastest supra does 9.95 most supras run in mid 13`s

there seems to be lots of intrest in times.who knows whats going off in uk with supras. im sure if you into stripping a bit of weight it can help loads.did my PB on full weight at 1bar with sticky tyres. with shedding some weight it will help launching with less weight.the supra as standard is a heavy car to get off line.

i know you always look to america.it is great to see they took it so far.

lets hope for better over here

Yeah there are differences... glass headlights/JDM rears, active front spoiler, and the dildos.. thats it besides the LHD. Engine wise, technically they're identical. Same laggy turbos and injector sizing. Edit: forgot the bonnet scoop and bits.

The guy who ran the 11.0 got a 60ft of 1.5 secs, so you can see that hes getting a great launch. The cars arnt stripped either as they're trying to achive the fastest stock turboed' car record at the normal road weight, they're even arguring about times running with NOS in the 10s! Just goes to show with the right setup the stock setup is amazing.

Its 11.06 now. Check out the drag racing forum on SF.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316331

Its just great to see them pushing the envelope when it comes to stock tubbie times.. do we have any info from Japan to compare with to see how they got on.. doesnt seem that theres the interest for this over there.

I have no doubt singles are better for big HP and times/speed if setup correctly.