n/a vs turbo

ivan63

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a decently modified TT would do it in around 11secs while a n/a (modified or not, makes no real difference) would be way more. (even a couple of seconds difference will be a LOT)

Mind you, a lot would depend on the quality of launch, and in any case it is after 100 that the TT shows it's teeth.

The NA is no slouch after 100 either but loads of stuff could keep up to 90 and make overtaking tricky at times if they happened to put the foot down on you.

From my experience N/A's have always been about the same as TT's up until 3rd gear, and even then its only when your online with two turbos that you start to make serious ground, so mid to late end of 3rd gear..........

But why someone cant give the man what he wants instead of everyone putting their point across is a little bit worrying.....

I would like to see it...........:search:

here here :)

People, who buy NA thinking that it is absolutely not different from TT are plain stupid and deserve it :p

On 1/4 mile you will not have to zoom really, it will be difference

3 seconds on the 1/4 mile?

would be nearer 1 second for a manual NA vs manual TT; under 2 even against a BPU

(high 14s for a manual NA, you'd have to run in the 11s for a 3 second gap)

:looney:

Ha ha thats me in the video..........nice one.

Ran 13.5 @108 in that vid and took my time at the start.

Best run of that day for me ivan was 13@ 111mph which is a fair bit better.

13? you have to be BPU for that sort of time?? if thats the case then the video is unrealistic.

I would have loved to have taken my NA down the strip but ive only done it in the TT and I doubt the NA would be anywhere near as quick, or fun.

At Rotorstock I was up againist a stock NA and was quite shocked. It was my second run (I had a crap start, well thats my excuse and im sticking to it), no power breaking and the NA murdered me off the line easily 3-4 car lengths, however as I hit second and the turbos came on line he was reeled in very qucikly and I crossed the line a good few car lengths in front of him.

Ha ha thats me in the video..........nice one.

Ran 13.5 @108 in that vid and took my time at the start.

Best run of that day for me ivan was 13@ 111mph which is a fair bit better.

yep that looked fun what its all about isnt it?who was that agianst you anyone on here

I always thought stock TT times where in the thirteen's?

depends on manual or auto I suppose but from my own experience Stock TT were in the 14's I coud not better a 14.6 and others were around the same, I think the best stock we saw (where we new the spec) at rotorstock was 14.2 if I remember cirrectly.

TrickTT was in the 13's and if I recall correctly he was mostly BPU.

depends on manual or auto I suppose but from my own experience Stock TT were in the 14's I coud not better a 14.6 and others were around the same, I think the best stock we saw (where we new the spec) at rotorstock was 14.2 if I remember cirrectly.

TrickTT was in the 13's and if I recall correctly he was mostly BPU.

Learn something new everyday:)

I could be wrong but the below is taken from the drag times thread, this is where the stocks seem to come in so I did not do too bad.

70. 14.0931 @ 102.26 mph Henk 60ft 2.4232 330ft 6.2411 1/8et 9.2621 1/8 mph 81.17 mph 1000ft 11.8108 (auto) JAP (Santapod) (STOCK)

71. 14.178 @ 103.30 mph Kghelmet 60ft 2.6

72. 14.19 @ 103 mph GetawayDriver (TT6) UK (TSC 2)

73. 14.2990 @ 98.64 mph Juanchan 60ft 2.4770 330ft 6.3879 1/8et 9.4390 1/8 mph 81.98 mph 1000ft 11.9952 (auto) UK (Santapod) (STOCK)

74. 14.292 @ 105.10 mph S Crane 60ft 2.8

75. 14.348 @ 101.89 mph Mr. Angry 60ft 2.6

76. 15.0371 @ 93.93 mph Edd_T 60ft 2.5022 330ft 6.5280 1/8et 9.8603 1/8 mph 76.38 mph 1000ft 12.5871 (TT6) JAP (Santapod) (STOCK)

77. 15.088 @ 100.08 mph Amazing Grace 60ft 3.0 JAP

I've got this which gives you an idea with n/a v tt

click

wow.. looking at that I'm glad I went for an N/A... all that trouble the you TT boys get and hardly any difference? you could hardly describe the TT as leaving the N/A for dead? Having never been in a TT, and reading all the press they get on here, I'm amazed.. so it was a piss take?