• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No difference at all.

Whatsoever.

It's all a big scam, very hush-hush:sly:;)

:D

I didn't say that, but on 'video evidence' you could say comments have been 'a little exaggerated' around here?

After reading posts on here you'd think it was a completely different car...?!

:D

I didn't say that, but on 'video evidence' you could say comments have been 'a little exaggerated' around here?

After reading posts on here you'd think it was a completely different car...?!

The average TT runs roughly double the horsepower of the average n/a.

Think about it.:)

Bone stock I ran a 13.5, at BPU (with hi stall) I ran a 12.5. Now with some more work I run 11.9's.

You can't see my old times as I've progressed because the drag list entry gets updated so there aren't duplicates for a member :) I suspect this is the case for a number of other members that previously had 'decent' stock times.

N/A vs. TT.... I like N/A's - they give scooby drivers and the like hope :D :eyebrows:

Cheers,

Brian.

Cheers,

Brian.

anyone got a rolling start video of a tt vs na then??

I'm near stansted if there is anyone with an na that fancies a sprited drive with a vid cam!!

ooooh yes, let me just charge up my camera and I'll be over there... :rolleyes:

maybe we could do some burnouts afterwards...?

Bone stock I ran a 13.5, at BPU (with hi stall) I ran a 12.5. Now with some more work I run 11.9's.

You can't see my old times as I've progressed because the drag list entry gets updated so there aren't duplicates for a member :) I suspect this is the case for a number of other members that previously had 'decent' stock times.

'Decent' seems abit of a flippent comment!!! Assume your manual hence the ease of getting into the 13's when stock??

'Decent' seems abit of a flippent comment!!! Assume your manual hence the ease of getting into the 13's when stock??

No he isn't. I also ran a 13.5 when stock, and 12.9 BPU. 6-speed manual, I felt more was possible, my tyres had hardly any tread, and I was changing up at red line. Next time I'd try letting a fair bit of air out of the tyres and changing up earlier (6300-6500). I reckon I could get mid 12's, into the 11's with drag radials :D

Tdr whats a BPU - with high stall?

BPU - exhaust, decats, bit more boost (1bar at the time) but using a restrictor ring. Hi stall, best doing a search really but it's a higher stall speed torque converter to help me 'jump' into the powerband quicker.

Cheers,

Brian.

But in that video the N/A set off about a second earlier.

It still wasn't very convincing though was it...?

The way you lot talk about N/A vs. Turbo it's like Lambo vs. Corsa... in reality there's just not that much difference.

The thing is, after that it's all about 'well from a rolling start', 'it set off a second before' and 'it's got double the horse power, work it out' etc. excuses excuses... it was hardly killing of the year was it?

..and you're right it's not 'all about the drag strip', but in fairness around the twisties an N/A with it's constant power would be far more drivable than it's TT counterpart with all that unpredictable turbo power kicking in.

I'm a bit disillusioned now. I thought when I did try a TT it would literally take my face off... and now I can see it's not really the case. Never mind.

I don't think it was flippant. 14's when stock means you aren't trying hard enough to me. Controversial maybe! :D

I've always been auto. In fact I've achieved 13's with 3x different bone stock mkiv TT autos :)

It used to be the opinion / consensus on here in years gone by that the manual was the faster car. The drag times thread soon changed that perception.

Cheers,

Brian.

Theoretical stats:

stock manual TT = 0-60 in 4.9 sec

stock manual NA = 0-60 in 6.6 sec

TT is 26% quicker

Real world, how much quicker over the 1/8 mile* is a BPU TT to a lightly modded NA?

20%?

30%?

40%?

.... 8%!

[from the drag list, BPU TTs running low 13 second passes consistently run 8.7 - 8.8 sec 1/8 mile, NAs can run 9.5 sec]

* which is a fair "traffic light grand prix", since you'll be running illegal speeds by the end of it

Yes the TT wins by a margin, but 0.75 sec over a standing 1/8th isn't exactly a different league. Of course go into licence losing territory and it's a completely different story, but how often do people drive that fast these days? (that's rhetorical btw) :innocent:

:looney:

I'm a bit disillusioned now. I thought when I did try a TT it would literally take my face off... and now I can see it's not really the case. Never mind.

I've never driven an N/A, but I've been a passenger. There's a big jump from an N/A to TT... but it's not the same as going from a 1 litre front wheel drive corsa to a Lambo no. ;)