without doubt the best supra build ever

supradibbs

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute rubbish. Since when did you become the definitive authority on vision??!?

I've seen your idea of vision, and I don't like it. ;)

Those wheels are very nice IMO and I love the optimised OEM look of the car - absolutely great build :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Its my opinion idiot, i wish i could block you :(

Absolute rubbish. Since when did you become the definitive authority on vision??!?

I've seen your idea of vision, and I don't like it. ;)

Those wheels are very nice IMO and I love the optimised OEM look of the car - absolutely great build :)

Cheers,

Brian.

I think he's entitled to say what he thinks. You don't have to disagree in such an antagonistic way.

Its my opinion idiot, i wish i could block you :(

mmmm kay so now I'm an idiot. That's rich coming from you! ;)

So you want to play the name calling game...... I wonder who'll get banned first :eyebrows:

I am sorry but both of you should just grow the hell up. Your tit for tats are getting old and very boring.

This is a truely amazing build and anyone who thinks that he had no vision, or was wrong to stick with the stock setup I just cant understand, stock is much more appreciated then overly modified, apart from the weels, shocks and FMIC everything is pretty much stock, ok it has a TRD wide kit on it but its TRD and meant for the car, not some after market kit produced by someone else.

Im in absolute awe over this build.........

I think he's entitled to say what he thinks. You don't have to disagree in such an antagonistic way.

I don't think it was antagonistic at all - it was based on an observation of Matt spreading his opinion on vision regarding other people's pride and joys on more than one occasion in a statement of fact type fashion.

I do however feel his above response is indeed antagonistic and tbh I don't really care what you think jamesmark.

This is a truely amazing build and anyone who thinks that he had no vision, or was wrong to stick with the stock setup I just cant understand, stock is much more appreciated then overly modified, apart from the weels, shocks and FMIC everything is pretty much stock, ok it has a TRD wide kit on it but its TRD and meant for the car, not some after market kit produced by someone else.

Im in absolute awe over this build.........

:yeahthat: Absolutely!

It is a great build and people are entitled to their opinions but it is a shame when people put down other peoples pride and joys down just because its not to their taste.

At the end of the day the effort, time and thought that has gone into that car is amazing and just because its not got a wild look and 1000hp doesn't mean the guy has no vision.

From what he has said it won't be long before it's running a big single anyway and I will be looking forward to the updates.

Lee

I don't think it was antagonistic at all - it was based on an observation of Matt spreading his opinion on vision regarding other people's pride and joys on more than one occasion in a statement of fact type fashion.

Plenty of people post up 'sheds' and then everyone else jumps in and agrees that the said car is terrible.

I haven't seen Matt spreading his opinion, perhaps I'm being a bit blinkered in that respect.

I don't think people should be so quick to say a car is terrible but if you take his post and yours and apply them to another thread or look at them on their own yours is a little inviting.

I'd love to rebuild a Supra using all new parts. Just keep it absolutely stock and in concourse condition.

There's a lot to be said for the stock look. Maybe that's how I sold my car so quick while there are other, modified examples still awaiting buyers.

Who knows.

and tbh I don't really care what you think jamesmark.

Maybe you should Brian, after all I was given infractions by yourself for ...

promoting bad club spirit

Not all of you and Matt's childish exchanges are in members only, and can be seen by new members and Joe public. You being a Mod and dishing out punishments for promoting bad club spirit? This is all you two are doing now.

But hey you are correct Brian you are a Mod and as you like to remind us so very often we cannot challenge this or the way you conduct yourself on the club because you will always win. :rolleyes:

This post has not been about bad mouthing and was conducted in a professional manner to enhance the poor club spirit that has being displayed by 2 members.

Anyway back on topic.

I'm not saying the car is terrible, far from its an amazing build, replacing old parts with brand new ones to create an almost brand new car is a great project, i'm just refering to the aftermarket choices having a lack of vision. just my opinion.

Thanks Charlotte, thats what he does all the time, unfortuneatly i lack the reserve to just ignore his taunts.

I think i read $60,000, i'm sure i will be corrected if wrong.

That actually seems quite cheap for what he has got bang for buck wise. appox £30k for a wide arch pretty much brand new supra with all the toys. To put it into perspective, i've spent in the region of £60k on mine now. half of it has been spent on bloomin repairs and replacements (every part of my car has been replaced or re-built :( ) but the other £30k, £10k supra plus £20k on mods hasnt amounted to whats on that car.

Perhaps its the whole over the pond thing, but i'd be chuffed to bits with £30k achieving that

I'm not saying the car is terrible, far from its an amazing build, replacing old parts with brand new ones to create an almost brand new car is a great project, i'm just referring to the aftermarket choices having a lack of vision. just my opinion.

That's exactly how I read your post, a comment on the wheels not being your choice and that he had more money than sense. Ie your tastes are different, free world etc etc.

I think it all got a bit confused after that.

I agree about the stock look, i think it has become more popular over the last few years.

That actually seems quite cheap for what he has got bang for buck wise. appox £30k for a wide arch pretty much brand new supra with all the toys. To put it into perspective, i've spent in the region of £60k on mine now. half of it has been spent on bloomin repairs and replacements (every part of my car has been replaced or re-built :( ) but the other £30k, £10k supra plus £20k on mods hasnt amounted to whats on that car.

Perhaps its the whole over the pond thing, but i'd be chuffed to bits with £30k achieving that

I'll have another gander when i get time, as i'm probably wrong it does seem somewhat cheap, i would'nt think that price included the base car.

I'm not saying the car is terrible, far from its an amazing build, replacing old parts with brand new ones to create an almost brand new car is a great project, i'm just refering to the aftermarket choices having a lack of vision. just my opinion.

I dont agree with you, just because its been kept standard doesnt mean its lacking vision, who says people who fit body kits or wacky paint jobs are visionaries anyway? The vision to going to all that effort for a mint showroom example is to be applauded.

Going back to the wheels... you need your eyes testing ;) They're a league apart from the set you had on your red one imho.

But of course, you're entitled to your opinion :)

Maybe you should Brian, after all I was given infractions by yourself for ...

Not all of you and Matt's childish exchanges are in members only, and can be seen by new members and Joe public. You being a Mod and dishing out punishments for promoting bad club spirit? This is all you two are doing now.

But hey you are correct Brian you are a Mod and as you like to remind us so very often we cannot challenge this or the way you conduct yourself on the club because you will always win. :rolleyes:

This post has not been about bad mouthing and was conducted in a professional manner to enhance the poor club spirit that has being displayed by 2 members.

Anyway back on topic.

Actually to be fair to you there hasn't been any issues on your part in quite a while, so I apologise for what I said earlier and I do agree largely with what you've said above.

Unfortunately I have a low tolerance when someone tries to push my buttons constantly like Matt H has done recently especially when I had been very civil toward him up until that point.

Getting back to the thread - I think the more stock look is timeless and far more classy than half the aftermarket stick on stuff that tends to go out of fashion very quickly.

IMO, all a Supra needs to look it's best is a nice set of wheels or at least brand new looking stock 17's. Optionally it does look more modern when lowered slightly and I think the OEM TRD type skirts and spats compliment the lines of the car well.

The Supra always has been a great looking car.

Cheers,

Brian.