The mkiv Supra Owners Club

180 mph

blackshadow

What speeds are the auto box capable of doing?

I think I've read on here somewhere that the auto box is capable of 200mph, but I don't know if you have to be running a heftier turbo or not (mine's BPU). I wouldn't mind giving it a go though (obviously on a private track ;) )

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...capable of 180 mph can anyone confirm this and what would it take to get the car to that speed? ie loads more power or just a delimiter?

A very long straight;)

According to Toyota the Eurospec can reach 180 real ones given enough room.

Of course if someone has mucked up the stock aerodynamics this may not be possible.

I've only seen 170 on mine (indicated, probably 150-160 real ones) and it was still pulling strongly:d

Gaz did you do the Fighting Torque thing in the end? How did you fare?

No I pulled out, a) I had to work, and b) I didn't agree with the T&C's. Looking at the results I'd have been in the 145mph area. I've gone up against a lot of the guys (or similar cars before) at Vmax before so once the results came in I had a bit of a clue.

• 1 year later...

I had a road angel verified 185mph on my old car when it was at BPU level,then something went wrong ,when the mechanics stripped the block they found 2 heavily melted pistons with damaged bores and large quantities of ceramic turbine blades in there also.

I had a road angel verified 185mph on my old car when it was at BPU level,then something went wrong ,when the mechanics stripped the block they found 2 heavily melted pistons with damaged bores and large quantities of ceramic turbine blades in there also.

Had 182 out of the car shortly after it was mapped once the hybrids went on. It does surprise me that there was any ceramic in the bores as i'd had the hybrids on the car I think a year before you bought it. any ceramic should have turned to dust in that time and punishment.

Had 182 out of the car shortly after it was mapped once the hybrids went on. It does surprise me that there was any ceramic in the bores as i'd had the hybrids on the car I think a year before you bought it. any ceramic should have turned to dust in that time and punishment.

Hi Paul:)

I was referring to my black TT6 I had before I bought yours.The white beast hasnt missed a beat so far!:D