The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus Wheels?

rob wild

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan I thought that the offset is 40 on these wheels, you can only get them in a 8.5 front (I have just enquired about this as I had to buy a new one from Lexus recently) as far as tyres size I'm running a 265/35/18rear 245/40/18 front and it handles much better than the standard j-spec wheels and tyre's.

Hope this helps.

Rob :)

With slight attention to the front arches you could get away with a 10" rim running a 255-35. Then run say a 285 30 on the rear. Then you'd have some serious rubber on the road.

Quite tempting...I wonder how the suspension would cope with that extra mass up front though, could all be a bit OTT!

So how much can the average man on the street wander into Lexus and buy a set of these for? Anyone got any part numbers to hand for the 8.5" and 10" wheels and also the relevant wheel nuts? Are the centrecaps included?

Any tips on getting a reasonable discount?

Edit: Just read they come with centrecaps and nuts, is that correct?

Has anyone run 10" front and rear on 255 35 and say 285 30's?

I've always liked those wheels. When I asked about them at a Lexus dealer about seven years ago they quoted me £4000 including tyres. Wallet said no. Bought some cheapos instead. If the prices are as you say then I'm there!

P.S. They have Lexus hubs right? Is is pos to get Toyota hubs to replace them?

8½'' fronts (Part #: LPZ439-S0670-ZM) are £176.88 +VAT each (£207.83)

10" rears (Part #: LAM287-81000) are £342.94 +VAT each (£402.95)

Wheelnuts and hubcaps are included. Hubcaps all have the Lexus logo on them. I'm not aware of a suitable Toyora replacement hubcap.

Yeh I know that Jake, it's the offset that was worrying me as 40mm running a 285 on a slightly lowered car will be getting close (maybe too close) to the outer wing lip.

So I guess the question is..is anyone running a 285 30 on a 18x10 rim with a 40mm or less offset?

How big is the problem with GS wheels buckle over pot holes? I am looking into wheels upgrade and I think the GS wheels is on the top of my list. The GS300 forum have a lot of post regarding the Wheels being very weak and with low profile tyres they buckle?

A lot of the second hand GS wheels are plaqued with this problem, they call the wheels squared?

China