The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus Wheels?

rob wild

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

jake, do you know if the Lexus wheels are available to buy new from Lexus? How much are they? And what model are they off? Just wondering if it would be worth me checking on how much they are to buy new here from my friend.

jake, do you know if the Lexus wheels are available to buy new from Lexus? How much are they? And what model are they off?
Yes they are available. They are £1220 a set over here

They're off the Lexus GS300 Sport

The 10x18" rears were an option on the Sport model

Well, I have the new centres. I'm a bit disappointed with them though. They are plastic unlike the Lexus ones which are the same construction as the rest of the wheel. Perhaps because of this the colour doesn't quite match up. Have a look below. The TTE badge is a stick on thing, but you'd have to put something in its place or you would have a hole in the centre.

TTEcentre2.jpg

TTEcentre.jpg

Well, I have the new centres. I'm a bit disappointed with them though. They are plastic unlike the Lexus ones which are the same construction as the rest of the wheel. Perhaps because of this the colour doesn't quite match up. Have a look below. The TTE badge is a stick on thing, but you'd have to put something in its place or you would have a hole in the centre.

Bugger !, I was really looking fwd to you getting these and seeing what they were like too :(

Oh dear. That looks shit mate. I guess I won't be getting your old ones after all!

It doesn't look quite as obvious in real life as the photo, but not great. Haven't quite decided what to do yet, I might just order another set of Lexus centres (mine are quite badly corroded now) and use the TTE ones during the winter.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't quite decided what to do yet, I might just order another set of Lexus centres (mine are quite badly corroded now) and use the TTE ones during the winter.
Did you make your mind up yet?

My wheels are in at Solent Wheels now and I need some centre caps ASAFP.

I'll just go buy some new ones if necessary but £65 seems like a lot of money to just have them stripped and painted like I'm having the wheels done.

How about you send me your old metal ones and say £30 and I'll get you some brand new ones from Lexus? I don't need new ones for refurbishing.

Did you make your mind up yet?

My wheels are in at Solent Wheels now and I need some centre caps ASAFP.

I'll just go buy some new ones if necessary but £65 seems like a lot of money to just have them stripped and painted like I'm having the wheels done.

How about you send me your old metal ones and say £30 and I'll get you some brand new ones from Lexus? I don't need new ones for refurbishing.

Sorry mate, been in Le Mans for the last week! Anyway, that sounds like a plan to me, happy to do that. Do you want me to post them or we could meet up somewhere if you need them sooner as you're not a million miles away from me?

Either way mate, I don't mind. I can wait for them to be posted if you can do it in the next couple of days. It's got to be less hassle than organizing a time/place for a meet.

I'll pm my postal address if that's OK?

Can you manage for a week or so with your TTE centre caps while I order some new metal ones?

Either way mate, I don't mind. I can wait for them to be posted if you can do it in the next couple of days. It's got to be less hassle than organizing a time/place for a meet.

I'll pm my postal address if that's OK?

Can you manage for a week or so with your TTE centre caps while I order some new metal ones?

Yeah, that'll be ok. I'll just have to not wash the wheels for a while so they are the same uniform dirty colour!

call me a dumb ass but don't the centre caps have the lexus logo on them? just me being a fussy bugger!

Like Need4 says they do have the logo on them but most people just choose to live with it. Personally I've got pretty tired of people asking me why I have Lexus wheels on my Toyaota :shrug: so soon I'll be filling and re-coating mine.

hi guys just observing the thread comments on the alloys being lexus , yes ive had a few people say oh lexus , but thats always followed by nice suits the car .

and then when theve thaught about it , its lexus is toyota isnt it .

im not going to change mine atm , if simons idea had worked then i might have, but as for now its ok for me .

cheers peter

Just ordered some of these today, so stop posting pics... its making the waiting worse :tumble: :p Getting £120 knocked off was a nice touch too, just the tyres to order now and I'll be all ready for next week. Cheers again for the info Jake.

I'm pretty set on going for 245/40 and 275/35 tyres (F1's) which a lot seem to run ok, anyone any opinions as to whether 265's on the rear would be better for some reason (handling?)

The one I use Inchcape has two branches in Nottingham, the one on the outskirts I use normally couldn't but said the inner city one could as they are Lexus authorised dealers too. Went there and got the details no prob and just told them I normally get 10% minimum off stuff at the other branch and that I'd like them to do the same and he said 'no problem' :D

Think I'll stick to the 275's yeah, gota be fat ;)